Omaha, Nebraska-based Amber Specialty Pharmacy and Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions have launched a COVID-19 response specifically to assist hospitals and physicians throughout the U.S. with dispensing and coordinating administration of Regeneron Monoclonal Antibody Treatment to eligible patients.
According to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Regeneron has proven to reduce viral levels and improve symptoms in non-hospitalized COVID patients. As COVID-19 infections continue, hospitals and physicians are turning to pharmacies to help treat infected and exposed patients who are eligible to receive the Regeneron treatment.
Regeneron should be received as soon as possible or within 10 days of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis for best results. It is also authorized for post-exposure prophylaxis of COVID-19 individuals who are not fully vaccinated or who are not expected to mount an adequate immune response to complete vaccination.
Regeneron is available in a clinic setting or as an in-home treatment and requires a one-hour observation period. The treatment is covered by insurance plans and Medicare.
Amber Specialty Pharmacy and Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions, subsidiaries of Hy-Vee Inc., have 21 locations through the U.S. and Puerto Rico. All locations are licensed to administer the Regeneron antibody treatment.
“Amber Specialty Pharmacy and Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions are proud to be part of the COVID-19 response, positively impacting the lives of the communities we serve,” said Kristin Williams, president of Amber Specialty Pharmacy and chief health officer at Hy-Vee.
Amber Specialty Pharmacy locations:
- Atlanta: 3103 Clairmont Road, Suite A, Atlanta, Georgia;
- Birmingham: 2100 Riverchase Center, Building (Suite) 400, Hoover, Alabama;
- Boston: 300 Washington St., Suite 150, Newton, Massachusetts;
- Buffalo: 520 Ellicott St., Suite 200, Buffalo, New York;
- Charleston: 615 Lee St. E., Charleston, West Virginia;
- Chicago: 1 East Erie St., Suite 630-640, Chicago, Illinois;
- Dallas (Farmers Branch): 10 Medical Parkway Plaza 3, Suite 107, Farmers Branch, Texas;
- Dallas (Richardson): 1301 E. Arapaho Road, Suite 103, Richardson, Texas’
- Durham: 629 Davis Drive, Suite #100, Morrisville, North Carolina;
- Houston: 8924 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas’
- Jackson: 3010 Lakeland Cove, Suite I-2, Flowood, Mississippi;
- Omaha: 10004 South 152nd St., Suite A, Omaha, Nebraska;
- Orlando: 6925 Lake Ellenor Drive, Orlando, Florida;
- Philadelphia: 323 Norristown Road, Suite 100, Ambler, Pennsylvania;
- Phoenix: 4602 N. 16th St., Suite 200, Phoenix, Arizona;
- Portland: 10 Donald B Dean Dr. #3, South Portland, Maine;
- Providence: 20 Altieri Way, Warwick, Rhode Island;
- Richmond: 6605 West Broad St., Suite 110, Richmond, Virginia; and
- San Bernardino: 328 E. Commercial Road, Unit 103, San Bernardino, California.
Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions locations:
- Des Moines: 215 10th St., Suite 110, Des Moines, Iowa; and
- Omaha: 10004 S. 152nd St., Suite C, Omaha, Nebraska.
For more information about Amber Specialty Pharmacy and Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions’ COVID-19 response, visit amberpharmacy.com.