SNAC International named the winners of SNAXPO21’s Flavor of the Year Awards. SNAXPO21, held in Charlotte, North Carolina, brought together leading suppliers, producers and emerging tastemakers from across the snack supply chain. The event featured the latest in ingredients, technology, sanitation solutions, packaging and equipment.
“Among a long list of factors fueling growth in snacking, taste consistently reigns supreme,” said Elizabeth Avery, president and CEO of SNAC International. “It is wonderful to see such innovative and forward-leaning flavors from our members that participated in this much anticipated contest.”
SNAXPO 2021 highlighted innovation in snacking, and attendees had the opportunity to savor a full range of on-trend and emerging new flavors at SNAXPO’s fourth annual Flavor Pavilion, sponsored by SNAC International and Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery. New this year, the pavilion featured two distinct categories of flavors: sweet and savory.
Attendees sampled the submissions from nine flavor and seasoning suppliers, voted on their favorite, and the Flavor of the Year Awards were announced at the SNAXPO Closing Party on Aug. 24.
The top three for the Sweet Flavor category included:
- Winner: Elite Spice for its Mocha Latte flavor;
- Commercial Creamery earned a second-place finish with its Sweet Dukkah flavor; and
- Gamay Food Ingredients took third place with its Chocolate Strawberry Acai flavor.
The top three for the Savory Flavor of the Year included:
- Winner: Gamay Food Ingredients for its Spicy Pho flavor. Served on a kettle chip, this seasoning is consistent with an authentic Vietnamese noodle dish with warm spices and herbs, as well as ginger, lime and just the right amount of heat;
- Commercial Creamery earned second place for its Creamy Avocado flavor; and
- Carolina Ingredients earned third place for its Organic Chimichurri flavor.
“The snacking industry is built on a culture of constant improvement, and I look forward to seeing the ongoing innovations in snacking in 2022 and beyond,” said Avery. “Thank you to our sponsors for making the Flavor Pavilion possible, and congratulations to Elite Spice, Gamay Food Ingredients and all who participated in the Flavor Pavilion.”