Publix Super Markets will open a new store at 7 a.m. on Nov. 3 in the Sam’s Crossing Village shopping center in Decatur, Georgia. This 53,700-square-foot store will bring 165 new jobs to the area.
The store will have traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with full-service bakery, deli, pharmacy, seafood, meat and fresh produce departments.
“Publix is proud of our continued growth in DeKalb County,” said Brenda Reid, community relations manager for Publix’s Atlanta Division. “This will be our 14th store in the county, and we have additional stores planned for this year including Perimeter Marketplace in Dunwoody and a replacement store in Hugh Howell Village in Tucker. Opening dates have not been confirmed for these locations yet.”
Publix offers numerous contactless pay options and convenient shopping services like curbside pick-up, grocery delivery powered by Instacart and pharmacy delivery. It also will offer indoor café seating and Wi-Fi throughout the store.
The store also will feature the following departments and services:
- A full-service deli featuring Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, cold salad bar, Chef Selections to go, made-to-order Pub-Subs, fresh soups, Publix Smokehouse Meats, as well as fried and oven roasted chicken.
- The produce department carries organic as well as conventionally grown fresh fruits and vegetables. There is also a broad selection of vegan items, exotic fruits and vegetables from around the world and locally grown as well as a floral department with a variety of bouquets.
- The Publix bakery is a scratch bakery that offers an array of cakes, cookies and pies as well as wedding cakes made by skilled decorators. Also featured are an assortment of breads and rolls made fresh throughout the day. There also is a broad selection of desserts made for entertaining.
- The meat department will feature custom cuts of meats including Publix private label all-natural and organic GreenWise beef, chicken, pork, lamb and turkey. Ready-to-cook meals will also be available for customers seeking a home-cooked meal with minimal prep time needed.
- A full-service seafood department offers fresh fin fish that is never frozen and seafood that is delivered to the store throughout the week. It includes wild and farm-raised varieties of fresh fish and an extensive variety of shellfish options. There will also be freshly made sushi.
- A full-service pharmacy offers traditional services as well as COVID vaccines and flu shots while supplies last. No reservation needed.
Also featured are weekly buy-one get-one free items throughout the store and at the end of the aisles. To get a jump-start on savings, activate a Club Publix account to view Publix’s weekly ads one day early.
Lakeland, Florida-based Publix, the largest employee-owned company in the U.S. with more than 225,000 associates, currently operates 1,284 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. For more information, visit the company’s website, corporate.publix.com.