The Giant Co.’s newest Philadelphia store, located at 2201 Cottman Ave. at the corner of Bustleton Avenue, will open at 8 a.m. on Nov. 12. The 67,000-square-foot store will operate from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week and employ approximately 150 full- and part-time team members.
Sabita Singh, a grocery veteran with nearly 25 years of experience, has been appointed store manager.
“This store deepens The Giant Co.’s commitment to serving today’s busy families within the city of Philadelphia, saving them money and time for what matters most,” said Singh. “From our farm fresh produce to the global flavors across the store, there’s something for every table. No matter how customers choose to shop with us, in-store or online, we’re simplifying the grocery experience so they can then spend more time connecting with family over a meal.”
The new Cottman store features Giant’s signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, including:
- Farm fresh garden produce – More than 350 fresh produce items including a variety of organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut fruits and vegetables and expanded plant-based offerings;
- Fresh meat and seafood – Offering a greater product selection such as USDA Prime, Nature’s Promise meats, sustainably sourced fresh fish and shellfish, and a variety of local offerings;
- Full-service deli – Fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with made-to-order sandwiches, smoked meats, an expanded selection of prepared foods and grab-and-go meals;
- Saladworks – Featuring more than 60 fresh ingredients, customers can enjoy customizable salads, signature salads, wraps, grain bowls and soup;
- Hissho Sushi – Responsibly sourced, premium sushi made fresh in store each day, including rolls and poke;
- Full-service bakery – Featuring signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other dessert favorites;
- Giant Direct – Designed to serve customers when and how they want to shop, Giant Direct gives Philadelphians the opportunity to order their groceries online for curbside pick-up or delivery at giantdirect.com; and
- Beer & Wine Eatery – Stocked with more than 300 varieties of national and local brand beer and wine in addition to fresh-made fare including meal combos, sandwiches, wraps, salads and subs. The new eatery will be open from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Saturday, and 9 a.m.-10 p.m. on Sundays.
The Philadelphia store also features The Giant Co.’s broadest array of global flavors, with new and expanded brands to serve customers seeking Kosher, Halal and other ethnic foods throughout all departments of the store.
The Giant Co. has more than 35,000 employees supporting nearly 190 stores, 132 pharmacies, 107 fuel stations and more than 150 online pickup hubs and grocery delivery service in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.