Sendik’s Food Markets will open its newest store at 1408 Summit Ave. in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, this fall.
The new 60,000-square-foot store will bring an array of fresh and homemade products to shoppers.
“Along with the City of Oconomowoc, I have had a vision for this development for years,” said Stu Wangard of Wangard Partners, the developer of Olympia Fields.
“Our team is excited to welcome Sendik’s to the development and we look forward to other exciting announcements and developments,” he said.
Special features of the new Sendik’s store will include:
- A variety of homemade, in-store prepared foods including deli salads, sandwiches, garden salads, soups and pizza. Also, a fresh sushi station, salad bar and an array of fresh, ready-to-eat meals and daily gourmet options from the in-store chef.
- More than 500 fresh, hand-stacked produce items weekly, featuring organic and locally grown options. This includes the signature store-made guacamole and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- A full service butcher offering the highest quality meats including Wagyu Kobe, Prime and Grass Fed beef, Berkshire Pork and made-in-store sausages and burgers. Also, a large selection of value-added offerings for meal solutions. Any option, cut to order.
- A full-service seafood counter featuring an array of lake and ocean fish including fresh salmon, daily. Live lobsters, an extensive shellfish selection and wide selection of ready to grill/bake seasoned and sauced seafood options also will be available.
- A large variety of cheeses overseen by an in-store Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any occasion and create custom charcuterie boards. Also available will be featured artisan cheeses, small-batch and seasonal selections from cheese producers across Wisconsin, the United States and Europe.
- A bakery department offering custom cakes and special artisan bread and roll varieties. Local selections include Angelic Breads, Mama Bev’s butter cakes, Sciortino Bakery rolls and Suzie’s cheesecakes. The bakery will also offer photo cakes and a specialty donut every month.
- An extensive selection of nearly 1,000 wines, including options from around the world. Also included will be an assortment of aged, small batch and Kentucky’s best bourbons, as well as a wide choice of craft and microbrew beers, including the very best seasonal and small batch beers from Milwaukee.
- A home department that offers an ever-changing assortment of flowers and arrangements, gifts, home decor, clothing and seasonal items.
The new Sendik’s Food Market will be located in the former Kmart building that was completely remodeled and renovated as part of the Olympia Fields development.
“Sendik’s offers something totally unique for our citizens and brings the quality that we were hoping for in the development,” said Robert Magnus, city of Oconomowoc mayor.
“This opening fits squarely with our growth plans of picking highly desirable, highly visible locations in growing communities,” said Sendik’s co-owner Ted Balistreri.
“Oconomowoc is a beautiful and growing community that we believe is the perfect fit for our local brand and we look forward to serving its citizens,” he said.
Since 1926, the Balistreri family has been serving the greater Milwaukee community.
For more information, visit sendiks.com.