Alison Bodor, president and CEO of the American Frozen Food Institute, has announced the organization’s new leadership on its board of directors. The officers and board members are selected by the nominating committee of the AFFI board and were unanimously elected by AFFI’s processor members.
“The pandemic’s impact on the frozen sector has been significant, highlighting the important role AFFI plays in bringing the frozen food chain together to develop innovative and responsible solutions that keep safe, nutritious, delicious and affordable frozen foods available to consumers,” said Bodor.
“Especially during this challenging time, I would like thank and applaud these talented leaders who dedicate their time, energy and talent for the greater good, and look forward to working with them to help feed millions of families in the U.S. and around the world in 2022 and beyond.”
The following individuals were nominated and elected as AFFI board officers for a one-year term for 2022:
- Chair: Julia Sabin, VP of Government Relations and Corporate Sustainability, J.M. Smucker Co.;
- Vice chair: John Tentomas, president and CEO, Nature’s Touch; and
- Immediate past chair: Jeff Varcoe, VP of Manufacturing and Technical Services, Schwan’s Co.
The following individuals were elected to a one-year term as executive committee members of the board of directors:
- Paul DiGenova, general manager of Commodities for Bonduelle North America;
- Rick Drummond, VP of R&D for B&G;
- Suvan Sharma, CEO of Jain Farm Fresh Foods; and
- Tony Shurman, president and CEO of Jasper Wyman and Son.
The following individuals were elected to the AFFI Board of Directors:
- Tracey Beck, VP and chief counsel of Marketing and Government Affairs for Conagra Brands, three-year term;
- Kurt Deibel, VP of Food Safety and Quality for Kraft Heinz, three-year term;
- Rick Drummond, VP of R&D for B&G Foods, three-year term;
- Julia Sabin, VP of Government Relations and Corporate Sustainability, J.M. Smucker Co., three-year term;
- Tony Shurman, president & CEO of Jasper Wyman & Son, three-year term;
- Meghan Swan, VP of McDonald’s Global Business for J.R. Simplot Foods, three-year term;
- Joe Yanda, president and CEO of Lakeside Foods, three-year term;
- Debbie Radie, VP of operations for Boardman Foods, three-year term;
- Tina Almond, VP of Food Safety and Quality for McCain Foods USA, two-year term;
- Adnan Durrani, founder and CEO of Saffron Road, one-year term; and
- Eric Schwartz, CEO of Eckert Cold Storage, one-year term.
A full list of AFFI’s Board of Directors is available here.
The American Frozen Food Institute is the member-driven national trade association representing all segments of the frozen food supply chain from manufacturers to suppliers and distributors. AFFI advocates before legislative and regulatory entities on the industry’s behalf, serves as the voice for the industry and convenes industry leadership to create an environment where frozen foods are essential in a dynamic marketplace.
For more information, visit affi.org.