Last updated on August 25th, 2022 at 02:43 pm
Cincinnati, Ohio-based The Kroger Co. will hold a spring hiring event April 30 – the grocer’s third nationwide hybrid hiring event.
The Kroger Family of Companies is hiring for 23,000 open roles across all departments, including retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, pharmacy and healthcare roles. The event will have virtual interviews and on-site interviews nationwide.
“After our successful fall hiring event, we are eager to once again open our doors – virtually and in-person – to welcome new members to our organization,” said Tim Massa, SVP and chief people officer. “Hosting a hybrid event allows us to reach and interact with more candidates in the way that works best for them while also showing them the many fresh, uplifting career opportunities available across our company.”
The Kroger Family of Cos. offers resources, benefits and training to support and develop associates including:
- Wages and benefits: Kroger provides compensation packages, including competitive salaries and wages, healthcare and retirement. Kroger has invested $1.2 billion in hourly wages and training over the last four years, including more than $450 million in 2021. This investment in wages has boosted its average hourly wage to $17 and when coupled with benefits, average total compensation is more than $22 an hour.
- Continuing education support: The companies’ continuing education program, offering up to $21,000 in tuition reimbursement for both part-time and full-time associates, covers a GED to PhD. Since inception, this program has benefited 6,789 associates, with hourly associates making up 88.4 percent of those who have taken advantage of the offering so far.
- Training and development: Kroger uses innovative technologies to deliver on-demand training and resources, as well as leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity and inclusion training.
- Health and wellness: The company offers support to its associates’ safety, health and well-being through coaching managers and through resources like The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health that is available 24/7 and offers free counseling sessions. The organization also encourages use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga and sleep.
- Perks and discounts: The company provides flexible scheduling, an advance pay option through partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services and travel.
Available opportunities include store leaders, customer service managers, fulfillment center associates, e-commerce specialists, digital marketing managers, software engineers, data architects, delivery drivers, warehouse workers, machine operators, category and procurement managers, financial analysts, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, project managers and administrative supporters.
To preview all available roles and register for the hiring event, visit thekrogerco.com/careers/spring-hiring-event.