Beyond ingredient variety, nutritional value, taste and ease of preparation, Charlotte, North Carolina-based Dole Food Company Inc. has added another selection criteria to the 12 recipes featured during its “Healthier by Dole” salad recipe series in May: the alignment of the stars.
The produce leader has released a dozen original recipes linked to the specific astrological personalities of the 12 Zodiac signs. The recipes are part of “Healthier by Dole,” a monthly recipe series that provides healthy, easy menu alternatives for big and small holidays and eating occasions.
According to Melanie Marcus, Dole’s nutrition and health communications manager, this month’s message is meant to reach those who may not be following a regular routine. “From the Virgo who appreciates a more structured bowl of greens to the Scorpio looking for more daring ingredients to the Gemini conflicted between sweet and savory, we’ve got your profile covered.”
Here are Marcus’ 12 recipe signs of the Zodiac in honor of National Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Day, an annual holiday observed on the Thursday before Memorial Day, which is May 26.
- Capricorn – Chopped Bacon Caesar with Shrimp;
- Aquarius – Watermelon and Shaved Ricotta Salata with Mint;
- Pisces – Tuna Cucumber Crunch Salad;
- Aries – Blazin’ Fruit Salad;
- Taurus – Southwest Caesar Chicken Salad;
- Gemini – Sweet and Savory Potato Salad;
- Cancer – Shaved Spring Vegetables, Spring Greens and Curry Salad;
- Leo – Lion Cobb Chicken Salad;
- Virgo – Summer Cobb Salad;
- Libra – Tahini-Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken;
- Scorpio – Southwestern Gazpacho; and
- Sagittarius – Walkabout Salad Cones
Dole Food Company, Inc., is a producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole is an industry leader in many of the products it sells, as well as in nutrition education and research. For more original Dole recipes, nutritional insights and other information, visit dole.com.
For more produce news from The Shelby Report, click here.