The Most Innovative New Product Awards have kicked off the 25th annual Sweets & Snacks Expo by recognizing the most innovative confectionery and snack products and the companies that created them. These products have been developed over the last year and are available on store shelves.
“Innovation puts the candy and snack categories in the driver’s seat when it comes to flavor and product trends, and the 2022 Most Innovative New Product Awards continue to highlight those that accelerate us into the future,” said John Downs, president and CEO of the National Confectioners Association.
“Consumers have been making life at home a little more enjoyable over the past two years by incorporating their favorite treat or snack into their lives in a way that has brought a variety of new flavors and fun to their daily routines.”
Retail leaders representing 85 percent of the confectionery and snack categories’ buying power served as judges across the 13 categories that comprise the Most Innovative New Product Awards, including small business innovator and the best in show designation, and the judges evaluated more than 300 candy and snacks.
The winners of the Most Innovative New Products Awards are as follows:
- Best in Show: Trü Frü – Natures Strawberries Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Ruby Cacao;
- Small Business Innovator: Carrot Bacon – Carolina Smoke;
- Chocolate: Lindt & Sprüngli Inc. – Lindt Classic Recipe OatMilk;
- Non-Chocolate: Ferrara Nerds Gummy Clusters Very Berry 8-oz.;
- Gum & Mints: Mars Wrigley US Extra Refreshers Fruity Mix Sugar-Free Chewing Gum;
- Salty Snacks: KrackCorn Original Family Size;
- Sweet Snacks: The Hershey Company Reese’s Snack Bar;
- Meat Snacks: 4505 Meats Chile Limon Chicharrones;
- Savory Snacks: Pecan Nation Cinnamon Healthy Snacking Pecans;
- Novelty/Licensed: Jelly Belly Candy Company Jelly Belly Harry Potter Butterbeer Barrel Tin;
- Seasonal: Ferrero NA Kinder Holiday Mix Countdown Calendar;
- Gourmet/Premium Candy: Ferrero North America Nutella B-Ready; and
- Gourmet/Premium Snack: Trü Frü Natures Strawberries Hyper-Dried Fresh and Immersed in Crème.
Additionally, the 2022 Sweets & Snacks Expo announced the winners of the Golden and Silver Candy Dish Awards and the Woman of Influence Award during its presentation:
- Golden Candy Dish Award: Kathy Corcoran, VP at Premier Specialty;
- Silver Candy Dish Award: Lois Anthony, director of sales at PEZ; and
- Woman of Influence Award: Emily Edmondson, sales director at Galerie.
For more information, visit candyusa.com.