Carlisle, Pennsylvania-based The Giant Company and its dietitians are launching a virtual Summer Camp Series, where it will highlight recipes and meal ideas around specific topics. All classes are offered free and live via Zoom throughout June, July and August.
“While food brings families together year-round, there is something special about time spent together in the summer – making smores by the campfire, picking strawberries, and grilling all the barbecue favorites,” said Kilene Knitter, dietitian with The Giant Company. “Our Summer Camp series is full of plenty of food fun for families and chefs of all ages.”
Examples of dietitian classes that will be offered this summer are:
- Mini Chef Mornings – Every Monday for children ages 6 and under, classes will teach mini chefs dishes such as banana bee bites, Encanto cocadas and pineapple chocolate dinosaurs.
- Build a Board – On Tuesdays, a summer camp series-inspired boards with a Philadelphia zoo board, the ultimate road trip board and a golf par-tee board.
- Family Meals at 5 – Guests can create an affordable meal live in under 30 minutes with a dietitian every Tuesday. The meal ideas the dietitians are tackling this summer include charcoal grill mountain pies, fish tacos with corn slaw and rocket to the moon pasta.
- Better For You Baking – Every Wednesday, guests can bake summer camp inspired goodies. Some of the recipes include mason jar cakes and cobblers for a picnic treat, oven-based “fried” Oreo galaxy cake.
- Foodie Family – On Saturdays, the class is recommended for all ages and will feature dishes such as roasted ranch chickpeas, red, white and blue frozen smoothies and lemon lava cakes.
In addition to the Summer Camp Series, the dietitians are also encouraging you to kick back and relax with Mocktails in a Minute in June, celebrate the season with a Summer Produce Series, Salads in a Snap and Skills on the Grill series in July and gear up for Back to School with a focus on food allergies in Feature Friday classes.
All classes are free to attend, but advanced registration is required for each class at thegiantcompanynutritionists.eventbrite.com.
A complete listing of all The Giant Company virtual classes and ingredients needed for each class are also available on the event page. In addition, customers can earn 50 Choice Rewards points when they register, provide their card number and attend the entire class.
For more information, visit giantfoodstores.com.
For more corporate news stories from The Shelby Report, click here.