The third Plant Based World Expo North America returned Sept. 8-9 to the Javits Center in New York.
Attendees at the 100 percent plant-based industry event enjoyed new plant-based products, informative speakers and networking opportunities. There were 3,722 attendees, up about 20 percent from 2021 and 232 exhibitors.
“The response to this year’s expo has been tremendous,” said Chris Nemchek, general manager. “One of our goals this year was to improve the audience quality and increase the number of retail and foodservice buyers at the show, and we are thrilled to report that we increased the number of buyers by 20 percent.”
Trends on display included:
- Mushroom-based meats, snacks and jerky from Fable, Popadelics and Eat the Change;
- Meats and seafoods from Atlas Monroe, Hoya, Unlimeat, The Blue Butcher, Mind Blown Seafood and Finless Foods;
- Functional foods and beverages from Broma, True North, Remedy and Purposefuel;
- Convenient frozen and prepared entrees from companies, such as Strong Roots and Wicked Foods; and
- Cheeses from Good Plant Foods, Bedda Cheese, Selfish Cow Plant Based Cheese, Plant Perks, Nuts for Cheese, Wildbrine and Miyoko’s Creamery.
“The success of this year’s expo demonstrates the continued excitement around the plant-based foods industry,” said Rachel Dreskin, CEO of PBFA and The Institute.
“Thanks to the strength of our partnership with the PBW team, we were able to put on a fantastic show featuring impactful conference sessions and so many meaningful opportunities for our members to connect with industry leaders and buyers. We look forward to continued growth and the expansion of our joint mission.”
Plant Based World Expo is a 100 percent plant-based event designed for foodservice and retail professionals, distributors, investors and manufacturers. PBW combines a conference with an exhibition showcasing thousands of plant-based food products and brands from around the world, plus networking and tasting opportunities.