Nominations are now being accepted for Shelby Publishing’s inaugural Exceptional Independents Awards. Nominations are open to independent retailers, wholesalers, technology and other service providers.
“Independents are the backbone of our industry, and this new awards program is an opportunity to recognize them for their contributions,” said Stephanie Reid, president of Shelby Publishing. “Independents are a vital part of their communities and lead the way in caring for their customers. Our Exceptional Independents Awards will shine a light on these businesses that continue to help feed our communities.”
Coverage of the award winners will be featured in the March 2023 editions of The Shelby Report of the West, The Shelby Report of the Midwest, The Shelby Report of the Southeast, The Shelby Report of the Southwest and The Griffin Report of the Northeast. Awards winners also will be featured on theshelbyreport.com.
Entries must detail why the nominee is qualified for this recognition. Qualifications could be related to independents’ investment in their stores or companies, commitment to supporting neighborhood charities and community involvement, and investment in their employees’ training and advancement.
Nominations are free; there is no charge/fee to nominate. The deadline to submit entries is Jan. 15, 2023. The criteria include:
- All independent U.S. grocery retailers, wholesalers/distributors and service providers.
- Information provided in the nomination form will be used in part for the narrative of the print and online stories.
- Limit up to six nominations per company.
- All nominees will be vetted by Shelby Publishing’s editorial staff and advisory board.
- Form must be completed in full to be considered.
All nominations must be submitted through an official online entry form, which may be found here.
For more information on the program, email Stephanie Reid at [email protected].