Smart & Final celebrated the opening of a new Smart & Final Extra! store Dec. 15 at 430 Blossom Hill Road in San Jose, California, with a ribbon cutting and festivities.
The 39,000-square-foot store is the grocer’s 10th location in Santa Clara County. The Smart & Final Extra! store offers the community an assortment of club and traditional-sized groceries and supplies for households, businesses and organizations without requiring a membership fee.
Representatives from the athletics program at Oak Grove High School, Next Door Solutions and The San Jose Police Activities League Cadets were present at the ribbon cutting ceremony to accept a donation from the Smart & Final Charitable Foundation. The donations are part of its commitment to support organizations and causes in the communities where it operates.
Community members received free branded tote bags and were able to enter to win a Smart & Final Gift Card throughout the day.
The grocery warehouse store is open daily from 6 a.m.-10 p.m. and provides shoppers with USDA-certified meats, fresh and organic produce, frozen and packaged grocery items, a bulk department featuring coffee and nuts and a sushi bar, as well as personal care and household products.
Store features include:
● Organic groceries and eco-friendly options from Smart & Final’s Sun Harvest brand;
● A sushi bar, serving fresh rolls;
● An assortment of fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables;
● A deli department, which will include First Street Oven Roasted Chickens for easy and healthy grab-and-go meals;
● Goods tailored to business and household customers like paper products, beverages, snacks and cleaning supplies;
● A variety of household and club-sized products;
● Fresh floral arrangements; and
● Online delivery in two hours or less, as well as large business orders online or through the Smart & Final app beginning Dec. 17.
For more information, visit smartandfinal.com.