The FMI Foundation announced the 2022 Gold Plate Awards recipients Dec. 14 during a celebration, hosted by FMI Foundation Executive Director David Fikes and FMI President and CEO Leslie G. Sarasin.
The Gold Plate Awards highlight outstanding family meal programs implemented by the food industry and community organizations.
“Our partner organizations make the Family Meals Movement possible,” Fikes said. “This year we are showcasing the people who make food retail, supplier and community family meals programs stand out. Our live Gold Plate Awards ceremony is our way of saying thank you to all those who champion the importance of family meals.”
In addition to awarding a commemorative plate, the FMI Foundation paid special attention to programs that connect family meals and mental health benefits by awarding a Blue Ribbon.
“The recipients of the 2022 Gold Plate Awards represent a collective industry effort to help families stay strong with family meals,” Sarasin said.
“I’m particularly proud of the programs that went the extra mile to connect the importance of family meals, however one defines family, to mental health. Through creative messages, in-store promotion and innovative employee engagement, the passion for the Family Meals Movement is just one way our industry stands out.”
Details about each recipient are available at FMI.org/GoldPlateAwards.
- Category: Retailer 1-49 stores
- Martin’s Super Markets for its “Be A Family Meal Champ” program.
- Category: Retailer 50-199 stores
- SpartanNash Co. for its “Our Family, Building Strong Families” program.
- Category: Retailer 200+ stores
- Hy-Vee for its events that infused National Family Meals Month messaging with the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Category: Supplier
- Pure Flavor for its “Eat Well Together to Be Well Together” program.
- Honorable Mentions:
- Brookshire Grocery Co., ButcherBox, Skogen’s Festival Foods, Merchants Distributors, Rouses Markets and Weis Markets.
- Blue Ribbon Recipients:
- Organizations that connected family meals to mental health benefits in their family meals programs.
- ButcherBox, Coborn’s, Hy-Vee, K-VA-T Food Stores, Martin’s Super Markets, Pure Flavor, Rouses Markets, SpartanNash Co., Tops Markets and Weis Markets.