The NGA Show will offer a new education component, the Technology Summit, giving grocery retailers a look at technology from multiple perspectives.
Topics will span the spectrum of technology, from AI and tech designed to improve the customer experience, to food-centric technologies, including store-level vertical farms, to retail media networks that can shape interactions between retailers and customers.
“The NGA Show is unique in that it consistently provides retailers and wholesalers with the cutting-edge experts and knowledge necessary to adapt and thrive in an industry that is constantly changing,” said Greg Ferrara, NGA president and CEO.
“We continue that tradition to our 2023 event by bringing a unique look at technology not found elsewhere, presented in conjunction with our partner, MorningNewsBeat.com.”
The new Technology Summit is part of the Sunday programming lineup at The NGA Show, adding a full day of content, including:
- Technology Summit – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Creative Choice Awards – 2:45 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Opening Keynote Session – 5 p.m.
Technology Summit presenters sharing their perspective include:
- Joe Blunda, CEO, Watch City Farms;
- David Bucca, founder and CEO, Change Foods;
- Alice Chan, SVP of marketing, Zippin;
- Kevin Coupe, content guy, MorningNewsBeat;
- Tom Furphy, CEO, Replenium;
- RJ Hottovy, head of analytical research, Placer.ai;
- Bill Lipsky, VP of Shop N Save merchandising, UNFI;
- Randy Fields, CEO, Park City Group/Repositrak;
- Nick Nikitas, founder, Rosie;
- Thomas Parkinson, co-founder/chief product officer, Sifter;
- Bob Perry, director of business development, NBC Universal Media;
- Chris Rogers, chief business officer, Instacart;
- Michael Sansolo, president, Sansolo Solutions; and
- Shawn Tuckett, CEO, Webstop.
The event is sponsored by NGA and produced by Clarion Events Inc. Registration is open and early registration rates are in effect through Jan. 11. Full details on the Sunday programming, entire education program, workshops and speakers can be found on The NGA Show website.