Whole Foods Market will open a new 42,000-square-foot store Jan. 11 in One Wall Street at 66 Broadway in New York City.
The new location’s product assortment features more than 1,000 items from New York City and the surrounding area, hand-picked by John Lawson, local forager for Whole Foods Market’s Northeast region.
Features of the One Wall Street store include:
- An array of organic, conventional and “Sourced for Good” produce, plus offerings from more than 20 local farms, including salads from Gotham Greens’ New York City farms, herbs from Square Roots and Omakase Berries from Oishii.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include fresh pastas from Severino Pasta, mozzarella cheese from Lioni Latticini and vegan “cheeses” from RIND. The cheese counter is overseen by a trained certified cheese professional who can offer recommendations and create custom boards.
- Seafood counter featuring a large shellfish selection and ready-to-cook offerings. Local options include smoked salmon from Catsmo Artisan Smokehouse and Acme Smoked Fish, seafood cakes from Lagniappe Foods and oysters from West Robins Oyster Co. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or responsibly farmed.
- A selection of more than 200 craft beers, including local options such as Lifted IPA from Interboro Spirits & Ales, Wavetable IPA from Grimm Artisanal Ales, Vliet Pilsner from Threes Brewing and Sun Up Hazy IPA from TALEA Beer Co.
- A prepared foods section with a food hall feel that includes hot and cold food bars, made-in-house rotisserie chicken, sushi by Kikka and a self-service pizza station.
- A coffee bar featuring drip coffee from Partners Coffee, in addition to lattes, cold brew and teas.
- Bakery offering made-in-house bread, such as Whole Foods Market’s berry chantilly cake, brown butter cookies, vegan croissants and scones. The department also carries a wide variety of diet items, including cake options made without gluten or dairy from By the Way Bakery, made without sugar cheesecakes from Junior’s, as well as an assortment of vegan baked goods from Abe’s.
- A whole body section featuring more than 100 local products, including body care essentials from LUX Naturals, ginger shots from Annie’s Ginger Elixir and hand-poured candles from Scrumptious Wicks.
- The One Wall Street store will also include one of Whole Foods Market’s first local and emerging accelerator program cohort members, CHKP Foods. The LEAP program provides mentorship, education and the potential for financial support to promote business growth.
Whole Foods Market’s One Wall Street store will be open from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. EST on opening day. Customers who stop by the One Wall Street store on opening day can enjoy giveaways, free samples and live entertainment. The first 200 shoppers in line receive a Whole Foods Market tote bag and $10 gift card.
Customers can find more details on opening day events here.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market will make monetary donations to support The Battery Conservancy, Rethink Food, Foodbank NYC and City Hall Park Conservancy. Additionally, Rethink Food is a recipient of Whole Foods Market’s “Nourishing Our Neighborhoods” program, receiving a refrigerated van to transport food to communities in need.