Cincinnati-based Cascade has debuted Cascade Platinum Plus, a cleaning system that allows users to skip extra steps with no prewash or rewash.
To develop its formula upgrade, Cascade tested 10 prototype formulations and 13,000 test pods to perfect the Cascade Platinum Plus ActionPac. The formula is comprised of cleaning ingredients to hydrate and scrub dried-on food, plus starch- and protein-fighting enzymes to break down tough-to-clean foods better.
The new formula features:
- 50 percent more protein-fighting enzymes to break down protein-rich foods;
- Two times the amount of a new, proprietary enzyme to better fight stubborn starches; and
- Two times the grease cleaning power of Dawn to remove grease, deliver improved shine and help dry dishes.
Cascade commissioned a survey of dishwasher users to learn more about their habits and frustrations. The results prove how inefficient and dissatisfying current dishwashing routines are:
- At least once a week, people do extra work when running the dishwasher, including rewashing (57 percent) their dishes, manually drying (68 percent), or prerinsing/prewashing (86 percent);
- Nearly half (49 percent) of people feel stressed or overwhelmed when dishes are not clean enough to immediately put away when the dishwasher is done; and
- Having to correct a dishwasher failure causes 48 percent of people to miss out on personal time.
“For years we have heard people debate the need to prerinse dishes and express their frustration with having to rewash items that do not come out of the dishwasher perfectly clean the first time. When people do the job of their dishwasher, it is clear their dish washing routine is broken,” said Guerin McClure, VP of North America dish care, Procter & Gamble.
“We formulated Cascade Platinum Plus to allow for dishes to go straight from the table, to the dishwasher, to the cabinet, so people can spend less time at the sink and more time doing things that they enjoy.”
The brand is launching the “Cascade Platinum Plus Load This, Get This” challenge and giving away 10 million Cascade Platinum Plus ActionPacs with a money-back guarantee.
The Cascade Platinum Plus is available in stores nationwide and online. Retail prices are at the discretion of the retailer. The MSRP is $5.44 for an 11-count bag; $19.94 for a 52-count tub.
For more information, visit CascadeClean.com.