The NGA Show has added a new educational offering, The FMS Financial Symposium. The three-hour event on Feb. 26 is curated by FMS Solutions and offers a dive into financial topics.
“The benchmarks that we use to measure the financial health of our industry have changed due to both COVID-19 and high inflation,” said Greg Ferrara, president and CEO of the National Grocers Association.
“We partnered with FMS to bring this new Financial Symposium to the event to help our retailers understand what the financial health of their business looks like in 2023. The food retail industry is constantly changing and The NGA Show is pleased to be working with industry thought leaders to create the pre-eminent education resource for operators.”
Financial content will focus on four key pillars:
- Valuing business: Understand how business valuations are done in a post-COVID, inflationary world; how this has affected the M&A landscape; getting a premium on results; and future and historical weighting.
- Inflation and business: With inflation hitting customers’ wallets and businesses, how are we measuring results and the way we do business to meet the needs of both?
- Banking: Business is good and we want to grow; how will banks look at our businesses and financials during these unusual times? Learn what banks are looking for, the best way to structure debt, how to be strategic with cashflow.
- Employee retention credits: Should we apply? Do we qualify? Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of the ins and outs, who qualifies and how to work with the IRS.
The event is part of the Sunday programming lineup at The NGA Show:
- Technology Summit – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- FMS Financial Symposium – 1-4 p.m.
- Creative Choice Awards – 2:45-4 p.m.
- Opening Keynote Session – 5 p.m.
Full details on the FMS Financial Symposium can be found here. The event is sponsored by the National Grocers Association and produced by Clarion Events Inc.