Carlisle, Pennsylvania-based The Giant Company celebrated the achievements of its employees at its annual business meeting held last week. Fifteen awards were presented recognizing the recipients’ commitment to the company and their efforts to connect families for a better future.
“The dedication of our team members to serve our customers and our communities never wavers, as they continue to demonstrate every day how nimble, agile and resourceful they can be,” said John Ruane, interim president, The Giant Co. “We celebrate and honor these outstanding leaders who are always eager to take care of each other, their customers and their communities.”
The 2022 award recipients include:
- Store of the Year is awarded to the store in each of the company’s operating divisions that demonstrates operational excellence and lives the company’s values.
- Mid-Atlantic division: 106 Willow Valley Square in Lancaster, led by Hasija Hodzic and her team; and
- Greater Philadelphia division: 4377 W. Swamp Road in Doylestown, led by Alan Carcifi and his team.
- Category of the Year is awarded to a category team in the fresh and center store divisions that find ways to enhance the customers’ shopping experience, seeks ways to simplify processes, generates incremental sales and profits and exemplifies the “one team” attitude.
- Fresh store division: the poultry package team led by Jim Brinser, category manager, was recognized; and
- Center store division: the breakfast, baking and spice team, led by Jennifer Rush, category manager, was honored.
- Retail Team Member of the Year was presented to Rachel Sell, store employee associate and floral lead, at 180 Upland Square Dr. in Stowe.
- Distribution Center Team Member of the Year was presented to Seybou Harouna Issifi, trainer, perishable distribution center in Carlisle.
- E-commerce Team Member of the Year recognizes an employee who provides leadership and support to keep up the momentum behind the company’s e-commerce operations. It was presented to Ana Rodriguez, quality control/rotation clerk at the Lancaster fulfillment center.
- Transportation Team Member of the Year recognizes a team member who supports the business with dedication and safe operating practices. It was awarded to Steven Kitner, driver, a 14-year veteran of the company.
- Support Center Team Member of the Year was awarded to Bailey Lehman, analyst, e-commerce. This award recognizes one employee who consistently provides leadership and support across all functions of the brand and continuously finds new ways to elevate the brand and the support office.
- Simplify Shopping, awarded to a team member who has created or had exceptionally executed a simplified shopping experience for customers, was presented to Joseph Lacagnina, director, format and integrity, at its support office in Carlisle.
- Inspiring Fresh Ideas award was presented to Peter Conklin, manager of design, at its support office.
- Creating Healthier Communities was presented to Holly Doan, RD, LDN, manager of well-being activation, located in Carlisle.
- Grow Through New Opportunities was awarded to Robert Weber, store manager, at 5005 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg.
- Make a Difference was presented to Eric Johnson, store manager, at 4930 Edgmont Ave. in Brookhaven.
- Be You, awarded to someone that creates an inclusive environment, was presented to A.J. Rollins, divisional human resource manager in Philadelphia.
The President’s Award, The Giant Company’s highest honor voted on by all of the company’s past presidents, will be presented during a special 100th anniversary celebration later this year.