Jacksonville, Florida-based Southeastern Grocers is collaborating with nine children’s hospitals to raise funds in support of pediatric care facilities that provide specialized and emergency services and critical care for children and their families.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, approximately 2 million children and adolescents are admitted to hospitals in the U.S. each year. Through April 25, customers are encouraged to donate $1, $5 or round up their grocery bills while shopping.
“At Southeastern Grocers, we are dedicated to giving back to our local communities and believe every child deserves access to the best possible care,” said Raymond Rhee, chief people officer.
“We are proud to join like-minded individuals to make a significant impact in the lives of local children with this initiative. Our heartfelt hope is that, together, we can make a meaningful difference and support the invaluable work of these remarkable hospitals.”
The contributions collected will be donated to the following nine children’s hospitals to support each facility’s pediatric specialty programs, family centered support, therapeutic activities, research, child advocacy and other programs:
- Wolfson Children’s Hospital (Jacksonville, Florida);
- Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children (Orlando, Florida);
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida (Fort Myers, Florida);
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital (St. Petersburg, Florida);
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (Miami, Florida);
- Studer Family Children’s Hospital (Pensacola, Florida);
- Children’s of Alabama (Birmingham, Alabama);
- Children’s of Mississippi (Gulfport, Mississippi); and
- Ochsner Hospital for Children (New Orleans, Louisiana).
Since the program’s inception in 2021, Southeastern Grocers has raised more than $858,000 for its children’s hospital partners.
Southeastern Grocers Inc., parent company and home of Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is an omnichannel retailer, serving customers in brick-and-mortar grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
For more information, visit segrocers.com/aboutus.