Southeastern Grocers Inc. has donated $225,000 to nine Southeast children’s hospitals ahead of National Cancer Research Month.
The funds raised in support of the facilities’ specialized care and emergency services was made possible due to customers and employees who donated $1, $5 or rounded up their total grocery bill while shopping.
All donations made during the grocer’s two-week community donation program will go toward each facility’s pediatric specialty programs, family centered support, therapeutic activities, research, child advocacy and other vital programs.
“We recognize the critical importance of supporting the most vulnerable members of our communities – children,” said Raymond Rhee, chief people officer for Southeastern Grocers.
“We are committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve, and we know supporting the health and well-being of our youth is essential for building a brighter future for all. With this donation, we hope the hospitals’ much-needed resources are now attainable, allowing these vital institutions to continue to make a positive impact on the lives of local children in need and their families.”
The contributions made during Southeastern Grocers’ community donation program will be donated to the following nine children’s hospitals:
- Wolfson Children’s Hospital (Jacksonville, Florida);
- Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children (Orlando, Florida);
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida (Fort Myers, Florida);
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital (St. Petersburg, Florida);
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (Miami, Florida);
- Studer Family Children’s Hospital (Pensacola, Florida);
- Children’s of Alabama (Birmingham, Alabama);
- Children’s of Mississippi (Gulfport, Mississippi); and
- Ochsner Hospital for Children (New Orleans, Louisiana).
Since the program’s inception in 2021, Southeastern Grocers has raised more than $1 million for its children’s hospital partners.
Southeastern Grocers Inc., the parent company and home of Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is an omnichannel retailer serving customers in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies, as well as online with grocery delivery and curbside pickup throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
For more information, visit segrocers.com.