Lakewood, California-based Western Association of Food Chains has announced the 2023-24 officers and board of directors, elected May 7 and May 9 at the WAFC’s annual convention.
The new officers are:
- Paul Gianetto, SVP of sales and merchandising at Raley’s, has been named president and chairman.
- Nancy Lebold, CEO at New Seasons Markets, will serve as VP.
- Kevin Lovell, SVP of operations at Albertsons/Safeway NorCal, has been named as treasurer.
- Rebecca Calvin, SVP and chief marketing officer at Stater Bros. Markets, will serve as secretary.
The association has also named new advisory members, including Scott Drew from Smart & Final, Greg McNiff from Stater Bros. Markets, Kevin Curry from Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions, Mike Stigers from UNFI/ Cub Foods and Donna Tyndall, who is retired from Gelson’s Markets.
The 2023-24 WAFC board of directors includes:
- John Alston, Brookshire Brothers;
- John Bagan, Gelson’s Markets;
- Adam Caldecott, Bristol Farms/Lazy Acres/New Leaf Markets;
- Doug Campbell, Albertsons/Safeway/CARRS – Seattle;
- Wendy Coldesina, Costco Wholesale;
- Chris Cowgill, Albertsons Cos.;
- Gineal Davidson, Albertsons Cos.;
- Dustin Hamilton, Sprouts Farmers Markets;
- Mike Hendry, Northgate Gonzalez Market;
- David Hinderaker, C&S Wholesale Grocers;
- Mike Johnson, King Soopers;
- Chris Lanoue, Albertsons/Safeway/CARRS – Seattle;
- Sam Masterson, Good Food Holdings;
- Tyler Myers, The Myers Group;
- Tom Nelson, Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Randalls;
- Matt Reeve, Smart & Final;
- Mike Ridenour, UNFI;
- Eric Stover, Cardenas Markets;
- Nathan Tucker, WinCo Foods;
- Jim Wallace, Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions;
- Richard Wardwell, Superior Grocers;
- Roger White, Associated Food Stores;
- Rick Williams, Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions; and
- Levi Wingo, Raley’s.
In addition, the WAFC has added seven new directors to its leadership team. The new directors are Mike Callihan, VP of merchandising for Food4Less/FoodsCo; Rich Gillmore, VP of center store from Gelson’s Markets; Todd Kammeyer, president of Fred Meyer; Steve Mayer, chief operating officer for Bashas’ Family of Stores; Mike Ridenour, VP of industry relations at UNFI; Cliff Rigsbee, president and CEO of Rosauers Supermarkets; and Ron Selders, president of fresh at UNFI.
For more information, visit wafc.com.