Brookshire Grocery Company and Tulsa, Oklahoma-based Reasor’s are hosting its fifth annual “Supplies for Schools” campaign for local students for the 2023-24 school year.
Customers can visit any Reasor’s location through Aug. 15 for its “Supplies for Schools” drive. The campaign is designed to coordinate the donation and distribution of new school supplies to students in need throughout the communities that are serviced by Reasor’s. Last year, more than $32,000 was raised to help local schools.
“We are very excited to host this annual program to help thousands of teachers and students be prepared for the school year,” said Brad Brookshire, chairman and CEO for Brookshire Grocery Co.
“We support our local communities and value education, which is one of our top philanthropic efforts. We are committed to the support of education in the communities that we serve through programs like our annual Supplies for Schools program. This program helps support under-resourced students as well as teachers that may be paying for supplies out of their own pockets.”
To support the program, customers can purchase a sack full of school supplies for $20 at any Reasor’s location or online during the designated times. Customers also have the option to donate any amount at the register. There is also a special “Back to School Bouquet” in the floral department and $1 will be given to the program.
The following school districts will benefit from the supplies:
- Tahlequah store, Tahlequah Public Schools;
- Sapulpa store, Sapulpa Public Schools;
- Claremore store, Claremore Public Schools;
- Langley store, Ketchum Public Schools;
- 71st and Sheridan store, Tulsa Public Schools;
- 101st and Elm store, Broken Arrow Public Schools;
- 86th St. and 169 store, Owasso Public Schools;
- 41st and Garnett store, Union Public Schools;
- 71st and Lynn Lane store, Broken Arrow Public Schools;
- 41st and Yale store, Tulsa Public Schools;
- 21st and Yale store, Tulsa Public Schools;
- Catoosa store, Catoosa Public Schools;
- Hwy. 20 and 169 store, Owasso Public Schools;
- 15th and Lewis store, Tulsa Public Schools;
- Jenks store, Jenks Public Schools;
- Sand Springs store, Sand Springs Public Schools;
- Bixby store, Bixby Public Schools; and
- 41st and Peoria store, Tulsa Public Schools.
Reasor’s recently joined Brookshire Grocery Co. as a new banner of stores for the regional grocer. With Reasor’s, BGC has more than 200 stores with more than 19,000 employees serving in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
The BGC family of stores operates four other banners, including Brookshire’s, Super 1 Foods, FRESH by Brookshire’s and Spring Market. BGC was recognized as a Great Place to Work for 2020, 2021 and 2022.