I’ve said many times that the events hosted by the National Grocers Association are opportunities to take time away from your business – as busy as I know you all to be – in order to spend some time working on your business.
But perhaps it’s also an opportunity to step outside your comfort zone – to explore new ideas, new opportunities, new methods of doing things that may help push your business to that next level of growth and success.
And as most of you read this, we’re just about three months away from a chance to do just that, at the 2024 NGA Show, to be held March 10-12 at Caesars Forum Convention Center in Las Vegas. In its 42nd year, this annual three-day show produced by NGA and Clarion Events offers independent retailers, wholesalers, industry executives, food/CPG manufacturers and service providers a chance to learn, to network and to recharge your batteries after another busy holiday selling season.
I’m excited about who we have lined up to help drive your enthusiasm for the business. Leading the way as our opening keynote speaker, sponsored by The Kraft Heinz Company, is celebrity chef and author Carla Hall. A dynamic entrepreneur and leader, Carla’s tremendous positive energy, her love of food and her experiences pushing outside of her comfort zone to tackle her fears are sure to resonate with you.
And I’m excited about how the NGA Show continues to grow, with new attendees, new exhibitors and new speakers offering new actionable insights at every turn.
With momentum building since our 2023 event, which experienced the largest attendance numbers since 2017, the show’s speaker lineup will include experts, analysts and observers from all corners of our business: retailing, wholesaling, distribution, manufacturing, brand development, technology and finance.
Here’s just some of what we have in store for show attendees:
- More than 100 speakers encompassing general and breakout sessions over three days.
- More than 40 sessions and workshops on the latest trends and best practices, with strategies to increase profits and drive the bottom line.
- More than 300 exhibitors in the show’s exhibition hall representing a diverse range of product categories focusing on innovations, solutions and new products to drive customer satisfaction.
- The return by popular demand of our Technology Summit as well as the Financial Symposium.
- Excitement as finalists from across the country compete to be the 2024 Best Bagger Champion.
- Our Creative Choice Awards program, showcasing best-in-class marketing and merchandising campaigns.
- Presentation of the annual Peter J. Larkin Community Service Award, Thomas K. Zaucha Entrepreneurial Excellence Award and the Women Grocers of America (WGA) Woman of the Year Award.
- Co-location with Indoor Ag-Con, the premier event covering the technology of growing crops in indoor systems, using hydroponic, aeroponic and aquaponic techniques, as well as the IGA Rally.
- Plus, plenty of networking time to reconnect with old friends and make new ones.
But don’t take my word for it – here’s what some 2023 attendees had to say about their experiences at the NGA Show:
“Events like this are extremely valuable because they give retailers the opportunity to have education, see innovation and to be inspired. If you have all that in one place, you walk away with that wow factor.” – Michelle Mendoza, VP of marketing and customer experience, Associated Supermarket Group
“The NGA Show provides us the time to actually get face-to-face time with retailers. It’s critically important for us to make those connections and relationships, and The NGA Show allows us to build those. Loved the set up and layout of the show, and attendance was phenomenal this year!” – Meagan Nelson, senior director of retail and distributor of growth, SPINS
“As a first-time exhibitor, our participation at the NGA Show has exceeded our expectations. Beyond all of the tremendous sales opportunities for our products, we’ve enjoyed networking with all sorts of potential new partners, from retailers to wholesalers and everyone in between.” – Graham Sorkin, co-founder and chief of staff, The Functional Chocolate Company
If you want to keep up with the constant changes and innovations in our dynamic industry, the NGA Show is a must-attend event.
To register, and to find the latest information on speakers and the education lineup, visit www.theNGAshow.com.
And if you’re not already an NGA member, we hope you’ll consider joining – learn more about the categories and benefits of membership at https://www.nationalgrocers.org/membership/.
Read more association news from The Shelby Report.