Kellogg’s is launching two new cereals made with whole grains and expanding its snack and frozen foods lineup.
New Kellogg’s Jif Peanut Butter cereal is made with real Jif peanut butter. It has 100 calories and 8g of whole grains, along with 11 vitamins and minerals. New Rice Krispies Multi-Grain Shapes cereal features fun graham-flavored shapes that are ideal for snacking or in a bowl with milk. This multi-grain cereal is made with rice and whole grain and is a good source of fiber, has 12 vitamins and minerals and 6g of sugar per serving.
“A serving of cereal with a cup of skim milk is a great way to help recharge your body, with protein to rebuild and grains for energy,” said Michael Allen, president of Kellogg U.S. Morning Foods. “It’s a smart way to start your day with a great breakfast.”
Cereal also makes a great snack, according to Kellogg’s. New Kellogg’s On the Go Fun cereal pouches are a good-for-you snack option featuring cereals like Froot Loops, Krave Chocolate, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops in single-serving portable snack packages.
The new cereal products are among the 34 new products from Kellogg brands that will arrive at grocery retailers over the next few weeks. In addition to cereals, Kellogg brands will debut cookies, crackers, salty snacks, frozen breakfast options and snack bars.
“New snack products from Kellogg brands range from cookies that will bring a smile to cookies lovers of all ages, to wholesome snacks and crackers for nearly every occasion,” said Brian Huff, president of Kellogg U.S. Snacks. “They are from the brands that people love and were specifically created to meet their lifestyles and taste preferences.”
• Keebler S’mores cookies deliver the taste and texture of the classic campfire favorite. They debut in two flavors: original and peanut butter.
• Keebler Simply Made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies are made with simple ingredients, including peanut butter, eggs, butter chocolate chips and sugar. With no artificial flavors or preservatives, they are the third Simply Made product from Keebler, joining chocolate chip cookies and butter cookies.
• Town House Pretzel crackers are thin, crunchy and available in two flavors: Parmesan Herb and Sea Salt. They are great tasting for casual snacking but also ideal for entertaining; open, pour and serve.
• Club Cornbread Cracker Bites deliver a cornbread experience, as well as the rich, buttery taste expected from Club in a snackable cracker. They are available in homestyle and jalapeno varieties.
• Rice Krispies Crackle Snaps bring a new way to enjoy the classic Rice Krispies Treats. They are bite-size bits with caramel or fudge drizzle in portable pouches for easy snacking in the car or on the run.
• Rice Krispies Treats Blasted bars feature a “blast” of ingredients, including S’mores and Chocolatey chips. They are a smart snack with 90 calories per 22g bar.
“New frozen food offerings from Kellogg brands are based on a keen understanding of what our consumers are looking for in a frozen breakfast option,” said Andrew Loucks, president of Kellogg Frozen Food. “MorningStar Farms is focused on providing great tasting, smart veggie options, and Eggo is providing warm, delicious and convenient ways to start the day.”
• MorningStar Farms veggie breakfast sandwiches are available in two varieties: Veggie Sausage, Egg & Cheese (220 calories and 15g of protein) and Veggie Scramble with Cheese (140 calories and 10g of protein). Each features thin English muffins made with whole grain.
• Kellogg’s Eggo Bites Chocolatey Chips pancakes are easy to eat and are a portable choice that can be eaten away from the table during the morning breakfast rush. They come in a microwaveable pouch for easy preparation with no clean up, and they are packed with flavor so no syrup is needed.
• Kellogg’s Eggo Thick & Fluffy Minis Chocolate Delight waffles offer a homemade waffle experience with chocolate taste that is great for breakfast and snacking. They are made with real cocoa so they need no syrup.