Publix Super Markets is opening its new Point Mallard Centre store at 2934 Point Mallard Parkway SE in Decatur, Alabama, on Wednesday, Feb. 14, at 7:00 am. The grocer will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony before the opening featuring Mayor of Decatur Bowling and City Council President Paige Bibbee.
“Publix is known for providing excellent customer service and a unique shopping experience for our customers,” said Brenda Reid, Publix media and community relations manager. “We are proud to continue to grow with Decatur as we open our second location in the city. We opened our first store there in 2004 on Beltline Rd.”
The store will be 45,900 s.f., with an estimated 120 associates. It will have the traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with the following offerings:
- A full-service pharmacy with a drive-thru window.
- A full-service meat department where customers can have their orders custom cut and trimmed.
- A seafood counter offering a variety of fresh fish and seafood options, including fresh “Cook-in-Bag Dinners.”
- Bakery offerings, including cakes, cookies and pies as well as an assortment of desserts and fresh baked breads.
- A full-service deli highlighting Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, as well as made-to-order sub sandwiches and fried or rotisserie chicken, and a new grab-and-go case showcasing the store’s fresh offerings.
- Publix Online Easy Ordering will be available for select items in the deli and bakery. Customers can log onto Publix.com or download the retailer’s app to order items like custom subs, platters, chicken, cakes and deli meats and cheeses.
- A produce department offering both organic and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables.
- An Aprons Simple Meals Kiosk providing recipe cards, cooking demonstrations and sampling.
Publix is privately owned and operated by its more than 190,000 employees, with 2016 sales of $34 billion. The company has 1,169 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. It has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 20 consecutive years.