San Bernardino, Calif.-based Stater Bros. will open its newest and most modern supermarket in Hesperia on Wednesday, Aug. 1. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held in the parking lot at 8 a.m., and the new Stater Bros. Hesperia supermarket will open for business at 8:30 a.m. After Wednesday, the new Supermarket will be open daily from 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
Located at 16904 Main St. in the Mid Town Square Shopping Center, the new Hesperia supermarket will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located nearby at 17255 Main Street, which will close July 31. By creating an additional 50 local store-level jobs, this new supermarket demonstrates Stater Bros.’ commitment to the Hesperia community it has served for over 35 years, since 1977, according to a news release.
In celebration of the grand opening, Stater Bros. Charities will make donations to the Hesperia Police Department for the Police Activities League, the Sultana High School Band, who will perform at the ribbon cutting ceremony, the Hesperia Library, and to Feed My Sheep community food pantry.
At 56,586 s.f., the new state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly Hesperia Stater Bros. Supermarket is more than twice the size of the current supermarket with wider aisles and nearly double the amount of parking spaces. Stater Bros. also operates two other supermarkets in Hesperia at 15757 Main St. and at 14466 Main St.
The new Hesperia Stater Bros. Supermarket will feature:
• Full Service Fresh Meat Department with Stater Bros. butchers to assists customers;
• Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with experts to help with selection plus capability to season and fry on the spot;
• Full Service Deli and Cafe including fried and baked chicken, stone fired pizzas, taco plates, salsa bar and more;
• Full Service Tortilleria featuring Manuela’s corn tortillas made fresh daily and freshly prepared tortilla chips;
• Full Service Hot Bakery with a full selection of Pan Dulce breads and rolls, plus Tres Leche and special occasion cakes;
• Full Service Floral Department for that special gift of fresh flowers, plants or floral arrangements; and
• Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections.
The new Stater Bros. Hesperia supermarket also will include environmentally friendly practices:
• Addition of LED lighting in building signage and refrigerated display cases plus use of glass doors and curtains in refrigerated cases that reduces energy usage by 60 percent;
• New lighting system that uses dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps and occupancy sensors;
• Energy Management System that controls refrigeration, HVAC, Demand Response and lighting;
• Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags; and
• Earth-conscious alternatives such as large grocery bags made with 100 percent recycled paper and reusable bags for purchase.
Jack H. Brown, chairman and CEO of Stater Bros., said, “The Stater Bros. Supermarket family is especially proud to build this new, modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and valued Hesperia customers, who will be the first to experience Manuela’s fresh corn tortillas from our-first ever Tortilleria.”
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned supermarket chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino and Riverside counties. The company currently operates 167 supermarkets, and there are more than 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket family.