To inspire guests to focus on total health and wellness in 2013, Market Street will hold its annual “Healthy New You” Expo on Jan. 5-6. During this free event, guests will receive easy-to-make healthy recipe ideas, samples of fresh produce and packaged food, as well as health screenings from Market Street pharmacists.
The Healthy New You Expo will take place at all Market Street locations in west Texas and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
Shoppers also will learn how to select nutritious food using the NuVal Nutritional Scoring System. Created by an independent panel of nutrition and medical experts from universities and health organizations, NuVal is an easy-to-follow system that scores food and beverages based on nutritional value from 1 to 100; the higher the score, the higher the food’s overall nutrition.
“We care about our guests and want to provide them with latest health and wellness information they need to make their choices healthier and easier,” said Alicia Brown, health and wellness marketing manager for Market Street. “Our NuVal program makes shopping for foods with high nutritional benefits simple. While in the store, shoppers can compare nutritional information between brands and make decisions that fit their family’s needs. This year’s ‘Healthy New You’ Expo is the best time to learn more about NuVal and change the way you shop for food.”
Expo stations will feature cooking demonstrations for creative, heart healthy meals that include fresh fish and meats. At sampling stations, guests can try seasonal fruits, fresh juices, signature chef-created dishes and items of the Living Well menu.
Trained Market Street team members will offer complimentary coupons, recipe cards and nutritional information. Additionally, Market Street pharmacists will provide screenings for blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol at no charge.
At the expo, guests can learn about and sample products such as:
• All-natural, organic, lean and ultra-lean meats;
• Market Street’s low-sodium Lite Classic Chicken Salad;
• Market Street’s Santa Barbara Lite Classic Chicken Salad;
• Living Well Favorites peppered with pork with mushrooms;
• Acai Smoothies from Peet’s Coffee Shop;
• All-natural oatmeal crunch bread with cranberry orange dip;
• All-natural Italian heartland bread with Tuscan dip;
• Lifeway Kefir and Sunbridge Bulk Trail Mix;
• Simply 7 and Crazy Water;
• Quorn nuggets;
• Beanitos and desert pepper salsa;
• 5-Alive Whole Food Puree and Ultra-Shake Soy Protein;
• Enzymatic Therapy Whole Body Cleanse and GOL cleanse; and
• Fresh apples and fruit juices.