The Flavor of Georgia food product contest hosted its annual celebration Monday and Tuesday at the Georgia Freight Depot in Atlanta. The event coincided with the Governor’s Ag Awareness Week.
The 2013 overall grand prize winner was Georgia Peach Tea Bonbons by Chocolate South.
Other products receiving awards this year included:
• Dairy Category: Georgia Red by Flat Creek Farm & Dairy;
• Snack Foods Category: Burke/Georgia Bar by Byne’s Blueberry Farm;
• Confections Category: Georgia Peach Tea Bonbons by Chocolate South;
• Jams & Jellies Category: Spiced Blueberry Peach Jam by MiDi Blueberry Farm;
• Sauces Category: My Sweet Hottie (Mild) Home-style Sweet & Sour Sauce by Chinese Southern Belle;
• BBQ & Hot Sauces Category: Hotlanta Honey by Atlanta Bee Co.;
• Meat Products Category: Hunter Cattle Co. Pork Sausage by Hunter Cattle Co.;
• Miscellaneous Category: Gayla’s Grits by Gayla Shaw; and
• People’s Choice: Georgia Buffalo N.Y. Strip Steak by Georgia Buffalo Inc.
(A list of finalists for each category can be found here.)
The Flavor of Georgia food product contest is sponsored by the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development in partnership with the Center of Innovation for Agribusiness, Office of Gov. Nathan Deal, Walton EMC, the Georgia Department of Agriculture, the Georgia Agribusiness Council and the UGA Department of Food Science and Technology.
In the featured photo at top: Georgia Peach Tea Bonbons by Chocolate South was the 2013 Flavor of Georgia’s overall grand prize winner. (Find more photos from the event here.)