Home » Just Born 
Celebrates 90 Years Of Candy Making

Just Born 
Celebrates 90 Years Of Candy Making

Just Born 90th anniversary art

Just Born Quality Confections, the family-owned maker of Peeps, Mike and Ike, Hot Tamales and Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews Brand Candies, is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year.

The company was incorporated on May 23, 1923, in New York City and has been operating in Bethlehem, Pa., since 1932. Today, Just Born is led by cousins Ross Born and David Shaffer who share the title of co-CEO.

“It’s wonderful to be celebrating Just Born’s 90th anniversary,” Shaffer says. “To have made it to 90 years, three generations of family ownership, and grown to become the 10th largest candy company in the U.S. is amazing to us. Our iconic brands and 600 dedicated associates are the key to our success.”

Just Born also is celebrating the Peeps Brand’s 60th anniversary this year. Peeps has become one of America’s most recognized brands and has been the No. 1 non-chocolate candy at Easter for more than 20 years, according to the company. This Easter alone, fans consumed more than one billion Peeps and the brand has grown beyond Easter to sweeten other holidays and seasons, including summer.

As it focuses on transformational growth, the company says it remains committed to the communities where it operates through its philanthropy, associate volunteerism and sustainability programs.

In March, Just Born was certified as a Landfill Free enterprise by Sustainable Waste Solutions (SWS). The company recycles 92 percent of its waste and the remaining 8 percent is converted into energy. Additionally, Just Born this year was selected one of the “Lehigh Valley’s Top Workplaces” in an independent survey conducted by The Morning Call and WorkplaceDynamics. It is one of only two large food and beverage manufacturing companies across the U.S. to be named a top workplace.

“We are excited about the future,” says Born. “And we believe our work has just begun as we strive to become the most respected confectionery company in the world.”


Featured Photos

Featured Photo ROFDA Spring Conference
Renaissance Esmeralda
Indian Wells, CA