After four months of construction and merchandising enhancements, Vons is celebrating the grand reopening of its Pavilions banner store in Arcadia.
Located at 745 E. Naomi St. in the Arcadia Hub Shopping Center, the newly remodeled Pavilions—which has served the community since 1969—has incorporated specialized areas into its floor plan for added customer convenience.
In the store’s new Asian Zone, for example, customers will find a broader assortment of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Filipino merchandise, plus hundreds of other new items throughout the store in the meat, seafood, produce, bakery, deli, frozen and dairy departments. The floral department also was updated to complement the store’s Asian emphasis.
“We are proud to provide this remodeled Pavilions to our Arcadia customers and to offer new items that reflect their food preferences, in a format that makes shopping at the store convenient and enjoyable,” said Vons President Lori Raya.
Some of the store’s highlights include:
• Full-service meat and seafood departments, including sea bass, pompano and many other varieties.
• Full-service bakery: taro bread, mini coconut tart, pineapple cake, crispy almond cookies, almond tile cookies, taro buns, coconut buns and red bean pineapple buns.
• Expanded produce: an increased selection of fresh, seasonal items that include Satsuma mandarins, gai lan, mustard greens and more, as well as a large selection of organic produce.
• Full-service deli: dim sum to go and Spam musubi, a popular snack and lunch food in Hawaii composed of a slice of grilled Spam on top of a block of rice, wrapped together with nori dried seaweed in the tradition of Japanese omusubi as well as bun bao, char siu and kimchi. Vietnamese sandwiches are made to order.
• Favorite Asian brands: Nishiki, Lee Kum Kee and Nong Shim are a few of the many brands throughout the new store.
• Starbucks kiosk: Starbucks beverages, free Wi-Fi and a large open seating area for meetings.
• Full-service pharmacy: experienced pharmacists available to fill prescriptions, offer advice, explain medications and discuss over-the-counter medications.
• Full-service floral: floral arrangements, gifts and collectibles for special occasions.
The store’s reopening was highlighted with a preview night on Friday; shoppers sampled a variety of foods. The Arcadia Pavilions is open seven days a week from 6 a.m.-midnight.
Vons is a division of Safeway Inc.