Bi-Lo Holdings, parent company of the Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie supermarket chains, has decided to convert seven existing Harveys stores to Winn-Dixie stores and three existing Winn-Dixie stores to Harveys stores. These stores are part of the pending acquisition of 134 operating stores from Delhaize Group.
“We carefully evaluated the market areas around each store and made conversion decisions that we believe will work best for customers,” said R. Randall Onstead, president and CEO of Bi-Lo Holdings. “Customers will not see any change to the level of quality they have come to expect from either banner.”
The following Harveys stores will convert to Winn-Dixie stores:
• Store No. 2312 located at 341 Venture Dr. in Brunswick
• Store No. 2315 located at 5711 Altama Ave. in Brunswick
• Store No. 2397 located at 284 Hyde Park Commons in Brunswick
• Store No. 2393 located at 2714 Osborne Rd. in Saint Marys
• Store No. 2309 located at 2111 Bemiss Rd. in Valdosta
• Store No. 2310 located at 4036 Bemiss Rd. in Valdosta
• Store No. 2388 located at 1715 Norman Dr. in Valdosta
The following Winn-Dixie stores will convert to Harveys stores:
• Store No. 545 located at 1208 Crawford St. in Americus
• Store No. 22 located at 2800 Old Dawson Rd. in Albany
• Store No. 110 located at 1553 US 19 South in Leesburg
Bi-Lo Holdings intends to welcome all of the store-level associates in good standing into the Bi-Lo Holdings family. Schedules and time lines for store conversions will be announced at a later time, according to the Jacksonville, Fla.-based company.
Last month Bi-Lo Holdings received approval from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to proceed with the transaction to acquire the Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid’s supermarket chains from Delhaize Group pending the divestiture of 12 stores by Bi-Lo Holdings and Delhaize Group retaining two stores and converting them to the Food Lion banner.