Kettle Brand, known for creating some of the most popular and original potato chip flavors with natural, non-GMO ingredients, is launching into another snack category this summer with the rollout of Kettle Brand Popcorn.
In development for nearly a year, the line of five flavors includes:
• Maple Bacon: Sweet maple with a deep smoky undercurrent combined with the texture of popcorn.
• Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper: Kettle Brand’s best-selling potato chip flavor is right at home nestled in the nooks of a popcorn kernel; a union of spicy black pepper and delicate salt.
• Sea Salt: A sprinkling of sea salt brings out the natural flavors of each crispy kernel.
• Sriracha: Everything consumers love about the hot sauce, on perfectly popped popcorn. The combo of chili, garlic and vinegar creates an authentic taste.
• White Cheddar: A classic popcorn flavor with fluffy popped kernels seasoned with matured, sharp white cheddar for a rich, tangy flavor.
“We’ve been hard at work applying all we’ve learned making our signature flavors to really make popcorn ‘pop,’” said Kettle Brand Chief Flavor Architect Carolyn Ottenheimer, who has been leading flavor innovation for 15 years. “Popcorn kernels have so many delicious nooks and crannies for flavor to hide in. We had a lot of fun working with it and think the result is pretty fantastic.”
Like all Kettle Brand products, the new line of Kettle Brand Popcorn reflects the company’s “Natural Promise,” a commitment to making every product with healthy oils and natural, non-GMO ingredients without trans fats, MSG or preservatives. Each cup of popcorn is 50-53 calories.
The new line hits store shelves across the country beginning this summer for a suggested retail price of $3.69 per bag.