Last updated on June 24th, 2015 at 04:47 pm
Doug Rauch, former president of Trader Joe’s and CEO of Conscious Capitalism Inc., will speak about his latest venture, “Daily Table,” a new Boston supermarket format, at the Summer Fancy Food Show. Daily Table is a pioneering retail venture designed to provide healthy, ready-to-eat meals at fast-food prices, fresh produce and other items to individuals dealing with hunger.
Rauch’s session, “How to Do Good While Doing Well in the Marketplace,” is part of a menu of seminars and workshops at the show, North America’s largest trade event for the specialty food industry. Owned and produced by the Specialty Food Association, the show will take place June 28-30 at Javits Center in New York. Rauch’s session is 9-10 a.m. Monday, June 29.
Also in the lineup is trend expert Suzy Badaracco, who will discuss food and flavor trends across generations and examine the difference in consumer behavior between the generations
Show seminar highlights include:
• The Basics-The Business of Specialty Food, full-day workshop for beginners.
• How to Succeed in the U.S. Specialty Food Market for International Companies.
• Finance Your Business, four-hour workshop.
• Price it Right: Using Costs to Create Real World Price Sheets.
• The Theater of Retail: Understanding the Consumer Experience with Kevin Kelley.
• Non-GMO: Go or No Go? A roundtable discussion.