Unified Grocers will host its annual expo for the company’s members, customers and vendor community at the Long Beach Convention Center on Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 19 and 20. Unified President and CEO Bob Ling recently celebrated his second anniversary leading the company. He and other members of the senior team will at the 2015 show, which will be the largest ever for Unified.
The Commerce, California-based wholesaler also will have experts on hand to discuss the latest retail technology innovations as well as emerging trends in natural, gourmet, ethnic, produce and other hot topics in the food industry.
Event highlights for the annual show will include:
• A record 971 booths of industry suppliers and Unified product and services departments;
• Unified’s latest retail technology solutions such as mobile ordering and iBeacon digital marketing;
• Walking tours highlighting strategies to compete with Aldi and other new limited-assortment stores entering the marketplace;
• Proctor & Gamble special educational area featuring category management strategies and consumer trends insights;
• Launch of new Springfield items (Unified’s flagship private label brand); and
• Variety of new specialty, natural, organic and signature brand offerings from Unified’s specialty subsidiary, Market Centre.