Publix Super Markets will open a new store in Cullman, Alabama, on Wednesday, Oct. 14. The 45,000-s.f. store in the Cullman Shopping Center at 1104 Cullman Shopping Center NW, marks the Lakeland, Florida-based grocer’s 59th location in Alabama.
“Publix differentiates itself by providing excellent customer service, quality products and competitive prices,” said Brenda Reid, media and community relations manager for Publix. “We look forward to serving Cullman and will work hard to become the supermarket of choice in the area.”
In addition to traditional grocery, dairy, and frozen food departments, the new Publix will include:
• A full-service meat department where customers can have their orders custom cut and trimmed;
• A seafood counter where customers will have a variety of fresh fish and seafood options;
• Publix bakery offerings, including an array of cakes, cookies and pies as well as an assortment of desserts and fresh-baked breads;
• A full-service deli highlighting Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, as well as made-to-order sub sandwiches and award-winning fried or rotisserie chicken. Publix Online Easy Ordering (OEO), where customers can order subs, meats and cheese online from a computer or smartphone and pick up in store, also will be available;
• A produce department offering both organic and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables; and
• A full-service pharmacy with drive-thru window.
The Cullman store will employ approximately 100 people.