Last updated on June 28th, 2016 at 04:49 pm
Five Produce Innovation Award winners were recognized June 22 at United Fresh 2016, which was co-located with the Food Marketing Institute’s FMI Connect in Chicago. This year’s honorees were selected by show attendees from a total of 49 contestants in five categories: Best New Food Safety Solution; Best New Fruit Product; Best New Packaging; Best New Packing/Processing Equipment; and Best New Vegetable Product.
“This year’s Produce Innovation Awards had a record-breaking number of innovative competitors,” said John Toner, United Fresh Produce Association VP of convention and industry relations. “The exceptional creativity of these five winners helped them stand out at United Fresh 2016, the home of fresh produce innovation.”
The 2016 Produce Innovation Awards winners include:
- Best New Food Safety Solution: NatureSeal; NatureSeal First Step+ 10.
- Best New Fruit Product: Mucci Farms; Smuccies Sweet Strawberries.
- Best New Packaging: Maglio Companies/The Fresh Group Ltd.; readyripe lite watermelon pouch.
- Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: PerfoTec BV; Internet Fresh-Cut Flowers Flowpack for Home Delivery.
- Best New Vegetable Product: Dole Fresh Vegetables; Dole Chef’s Choice Caesar Salad Kit.
“Produce innovation starts at United Fresh,” said Tom Stenzel, United Fresh Produce Association president and CEO. “The innovation of our member companies shape the entire produce industry and show attendees have the unique opportunity to see that ingenuity up close at United Fresh. Congratulations to this year’s winners and thank you to all participants for showcasing your creativity.”
For more information about the Produce Innovation Awards competition, contact Toner at 202-303-3424.