Last updated on July 28th, 2016 at 08:30 am
Natural Grocers will open two new stores in Nevada on Aug. 9–one in North Las Vegas store, at 6305 Simmons Street, and the other in Henderson, at 1660 West Sunset Road.
In celebration of the Aug. 9 grand opening, Natural Grocers will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and pass out mystery gift cards to the first 50 customers in line. Other opening day activities include food tastings and vendor demonstrations.
Monthlong events include:
- Award-winning television host, journalist and director of Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch, Angela Sun, will present “BYO: How to Go Back to School Sustainably” at the North Las Vegas store from noon-1 p.m. on Aug. 13.
- Two-time bestselling author and TEDx presenter, Stacy Hall, will present a seminar entitled “Overcoming Roadblocks to Wellness ” at both locations on these dates and times:
- Aug. 9 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Henderson)
- Aug. 12 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. (North Las Vegas)
- Natural Grocers will also celebrate its 61st anniversary on Aug. 11 and will offer interactive activities, prizes and food samplings throughout the store and a free community ice-cream social from 4-6 p.m.
- Both stores will feature Saturday health fairs from noon-4 p.m. on Aug. 13, 20, 27 and Sept. 3.
The stores will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products in a small, neighborhood market environment as well as 100 percent USDA Certified Organic fresh produce. The stores will also feature a nutritional health coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. The stores will be open seven days a week.