The Food City grocery store at 91st Avenue and Thomas Road in Phoenix, Arizona, will celebrate its grand reopening on Wednesday, Nov. 30, with a Mexican-inspired fiesta. The event will give guests an opportunity to tour the newly-remodeled store, take in live Mariachi entertainment, watch fresh tortillas get made from scratch on site and pick up authentic holiday favorites like tamales, according to the Bashas’-owned grocery banner.
In addition to an updated look and revamped layout, this will be the first Food City store to feature a sushi bar where specially-trained chefs will prepare hand rolls, nigiri and maki using the freshest fish and produce available. The Japanese-style sushi bar is a unique complement to Food City’s Carnicería, bakery and its bevy of authentic and traditional Mexican foods, the grocer says.
The Food City store will offer a variety of new services and amenities, including:
• An expanded restaurant deli offering fresh “grab-and-go” meals like breakfast burritos;
• An improved produce section stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables;
• A Mexican bakery that creates desserts like holiday cookies, pan dulce and specialty cake flavors from scratch;
• An updated “Mi Carnicería” section offering a range of meat cuts, free marinades and an expanded seafood selection; and
• A variety of queso fresco that provides a refreshing and creamy flavor to salads, grilled vegetables, enchiladas and huevos rancheros.