Last updated on January 31st, 2018 at 02:23 pm
“We are fortunate to have these two strong leaders on Topco’s board. I am confident that their strategic insight, industry knowledge and deep commitment will help Topco advance its mission and core values on behalf of the membership,” said Topco President & CEO Randy Skoda.
Breaux succeeds J.H. “Jay” Campbell Jr., executive chairman of Associated Grocers, who retired from Topco’s board earlier this year. Staples replaces former SpartanNash CEO Dennis Eidson, who retired from SpartanNash and Topco’s board in May.
In addition to Breaux and Staples, the 2017 Topco Associates Board of Directors includes:
• Brad Brookshire, chairman and CEO, Brookshire Holdings
• Chris Coborn, chairman, president and CEO, Coborn’s
• Charlie D’Amour, president and COO, Big Y Foods
• Randy Edeker, chairman, CEO and president, Hy-Vee
• Scott Grimmett, president and CEO, Golub Corp./Price Chopper
• Laura Karet, president and CEO, Giant Eagle
• Randy Skoda, president and CEO, Topco Associates
• Steve Smith, president and CEO, K-VA-T Food Stores
• Pete Van Helden, president and CEO, Stater Bros. Markets
Elk Grove Village, Illinois-based Topco Associates provides aggregation, innovation and knowledge management solutions for its food industry member-owners and customers, including grocery retailers, wholesalers and foodservice suppliers. Topco says it leverages the “collective volume, knowledge and commitment of these companies to create a competitive advantage in the marketplace by reducing costs and offering winning business-building capabilities.”