H-E-B has expanded its footprint within the Richmond community near Houston, opening its newest location – H-E-B Spring Green Market – Wednesday, June 24. Located at 9211 FM 723, the 101,000-square-foot store will be open daily from 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Cinco Ranch resident Trevor Spradlin will serve as top store leader and draw from his 13 years with H-E-B, having led employees at four other stores.
“This will be the first time I’m working and living in the same community,” said Spradlin. “I am excited to open this new store and provide this growing community access to their own H-E-B. This store will feature an amazing selection of products paired with outstanding service that will be hard to beat.”
H-E-B Spring Green offers a variety of conveniences, such as an in-store experience, picking up an online order Curbside, home delivery or grabbing a meal on the go. Whether you want to eat right away or want a fresh meal that’s ready to cook or heat at home, H‑E‑B Meal Simple is available. Each of the chef‑inspired meals are ready to serve in minutes. From grab-and-go salads to casseroles and entrees, customers may choose a restaurant quality meal without the high cost of going out.
H-E-B Spring Green Market’s Curbside Pick-Up is one of the largest Curbside facilities in the company, designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in-store. Home delivery also is available with H-E-B Delivery and through partnerships with Favor, Shipt and Instacart. Customers also may order and ship grocery, drugstore and general merchandise products to 48 states and military bases worldwide through heb.com.
Local resource for healthy food choices
Special features for the community, include:
- Largest assortment of Texas-made products – from jams and sauces to chips and spreads – in addition to Texas-grown tomatoes, greens and citrus;
- Fully-stocked Healthy Living department featuring bulk foods, including nuts, grains, dried fruits and snack mixes, as well as vitamins, natural beauty products among others;
- H-E-B Organics and H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes unwanted ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors;
- Made in-store items, including fresh squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole;
- Fresh seafood market equipped with a fresh assortment from around the world, delivered seven days a week including Gulf shrimp, salmon burgers and seafood steaming service;
- Fresh meat market offering natural and prime meat cut in-store by certified meat cutters, as well as 100 percent pure beef ground in-store daily;
- Full-service scratch bakery and tortilleria that offers a wide selection of artisan breads baked fresh daily, fresh tortillas, large varieties of decadent desserts, pastries and custom cakes;
- A cheese department with more than 350 specialty, local and imported cheeses;
- Wine and beer selection featuring more than 2,100 bottles of wine and 350 beers. Guests also can seek assistance by the dedicated wine manager on duty for a tasting and the perfect pairing;
- A pharmacy with a drive-thru option;
- A full-service business center for financial services, licenses and permits, tickets to local attractions, lottery tickets and more; and
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service provided by more than 400-plus H-E-B partners (employees) led by Spradlin; store directors Randall Wallace and Andres Gomez; and Melissa Santos, community coordinator.
Spirit of giving
In celebration of the grand opening, H-E-B will donate $5,000 to the Fort Bend Rainbow Room. The Fort Bend Rainbow Room is a resource room stocked with emergency and transitional supplies to meet the critical needs of Fort Bend County’s abused and neglected children and adults.
Health and safety measures
As H-E-B continues to monitor the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, store management is following guidance and advice from medical professionals and the CDC to make the best decisions regarding the health and safety of employees, customers and the communities they serve.
Throughout this crisis, H-E-B has implemented significant measures and has worked hard to educate employees and customers about the virus. The company placed a dedicated leader in every store, the COVID Action Manager, who is trained to ensure sanitation and social distancing procedures are properly followed.
H-E-B Spring Green is equipped with plexiglass partitions at all checkstands, metered entry into stores when needed, adopted crowd control guidelines to manage customer traffic and placed floor decals to help identify proper social distance. Additionally, staff members conduct deep cleaning and sanitizing of stores and hard surfaces as well as fuel stations throughout the day and utilize contactless home delivery to limit direct interaction. H-E-B requires employees to stay home if they feel ill.
H-E-B, with sales of $28 billion, operates more than 400 stores in Texas and Mexico. It is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
The company also recently opened a new store in South Austin, Texas. See story here.