Cardenas Markets will open its first store in the Los Angeles metro area on Wednesday, July 1. The new store, located at 11750 Whittier Blvd. in Whittier, California, has undergone a complete interior renovation that highlights the company’s new design concept while also spotlighting Whittier’s history.
The new store features the following amenities:
- A produce department with a wide-array of ripe, seasonal fruits and vegetables from the USA and Latin America;
- A full-service meat department with fresh cuts of beef, pork and chicken cut daily, in addition to a large selection of seafood;
- An authentic Mexican Cocina where customers can find Cardenas’ signature carnitas, tamales, taquería classics and enjoy Daily Deal options;
- A tortilleria featuring authentic corn tortillas made by utilizing traditional Nixtamal technique in addition to flour tortillas and masa made from scratch;
- A bakery filled with specialty pastries, desserts, cakes, pan dulce and bolillos baked fresh daily; and
- A café and juice bar offering natural juices, healthy smoothies, specialty coffee and teas.
“We are humbled and honored to serve the Whittier community,” said Cardenas Markets CEO John Gomez. “Our warm, friendly and knowledgeable team members work hard to bring families and communities together by providing our customers great food, products and services at a superior value in a clean and safe environment.”
To honor Cardenas Markets ongoing tradition of community support, the Cardenas Markets Foundation will make donations totaling $20,000 to La Serna High School ($5,000), Whittier High School ($5,000), Pioneer High School ($5,000) and California High School ($5,000).
As the company opens its Whittier location, it will do so in compliance with local health and CDC guidelines related to COVID-19. The company has implemented strong health and safety protocols to best serve its team members and customers.
Cardenas Markets is headquartered in Ontario, California, and now operates a total of 52 stores under the Cardenas banner and seven stores under the Los Altos Ranch Market banner. Cardenas Markets is one of the largest Hispanic grocery chains in the country with stores in California, Nevada and Arizona.
The company opened its first store in Tucson, Arizona, last fall. See story here.