Batavia, Illinois-based Aldi has released the second annual Fan Favorites survey results, showcasing a powerful testament to #ALDILove, with more than 177,000 shoppers voting for their most-loved Aldi-exclusive products across 20 categories.
Mama Cozzi’s Take & Bake Deli Pizza earned the title of overall winner and repeated as the Fan Favorite in the easy meal category, receiving more than 55,000 votes. Another back-to-back winner, Happy Farms String Cheese, secured the highest single-product vote count with 58,000 votes and a landslide win in the kids category. Nine of the 20 winners, such as the Earth Grown Veggie Burgers, Little Journey Baby Wipes, Winking Owl Wine and Specially Selected Brioche Buns, to name a few, defended their 2019 titles.
Based on feedback from the Aldi fan community, a few new categories also joined this year’s survey, including fall and winter seasonal items and “better than the brand.”
The 2020 Fan Favorites winners by category are:
- Overall: Mama Cozzi’s Take & Bake Deli Pizza;
- Baby or toddler: Little Journey Thick & Quilted Baby Wipes Bundle;
• Better than brand: L’oven Fresh Hawaiian Sweet Rolls;
• Bread or baked good: Specially Selected Brioche Buns;
• Breakfast: Specially Selected 100 percent Pure Maple Syrup;
• Cheese: Emporium Selection Crumbles;
• Dairy or dairy-free: Friendly Farms Organic Unsweetened Almondmilk;
• Deli: Appleton Farms Center Cut Bacon;
• Easy meal: Mama Cozzi’s Take & Bake Deli Pizza;
• Fall seasonal: Bake Shop Apple Cider Donuts;
• Fresh meat: Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham;
• Gluten-free: Savoritz Parmesan Crisps;
• Kids: Happy Farms String Cheese;
• Pantry staple: Stonemill Everything Bagel Seasoning;
• Produce: Avocados;
• Seafood: Fremont Fish Market Medium EZ Peel Raw Shrimp;
• Snack: Clancy’s Kettle Chips;
• Sweet treat or dessert: Benton’s Cookies;
• Vegetarian or vegan: Earth Grown Veggie Burgers;
• Wine or beer: Winking Owl Wine; and
• Winter seasonal: Specially Selected Belgian Cocoa Dusted Truffles.
At the end of the survey, Aldi also had respondents select their No. 1 absolute favorite ALDI product, and of the 160 products featured, just three items – Mama Cozzi’s Take & Bake Deli Pizza, Winking Owl Wine and Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham – were voted the overall favorite products across the 36 states where ALDI operates.
“The incredible response to our second Fan Favorites survey reinforces how much our customers love Aldi-exclusive items,” said Joan Kavanaugh, VP of national buying. “Aldi is known for its commitment to high-quality groceries at unbeatable prices, but it’s our loyal fans who truly define us. They are passionate about their most-loved products and share that excitement within their communities and with us.
“This survey creates another opportunity to hear directly what our consumers want and need most,” Kavanaugh continued. “As a result, we’ve added extra refrigerated space in stores and expanded our product offerings to include a broader selection of meats and seafood, fresh produce and better-for-you options. It is exciting to see several newer items ranked the highest among Fan Favorites.”
One in three Aldi-exclusive products is award-winning and many of the Fan Favorites winners have earned distinctions, including the Good Housekeeping Seal and awards from other third-party organizations.
Aldi is one of America’s fastest growing retailers, serving millions of customers across the country each month. With more than 2,000 stores across 36 states, Aldi is on track to become the third-largest grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. Aldi has been No. 1 for price, according to the Dunnhumby Retailer Preference Index Report, for three years running.