Whole Foods Market will open its new 56,573-square-foot store, located at 150 E. McKinley Ave. in Sunnyvale, California, at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 29.
Special features of the new Sunnyvale store include:
- Floodcraft Brewing Co., opening with beers on tap, cocktails-to-go and a to-go food menu, which includes burgers and fries.
- Frankie and Haandi, an Indian-inspired street-food-style venue offering colorful and flavorful items such as Chicken Tikka wraps and Sunny Haandi, a warm veggie and chickpea bowl.
- Fresh produce department offering a variety of fruits and vegetables with selections from local growers, including mushrooms from Far West Fungi and lettuce from Plenty.
- Full-service butcher offering made-in-house sausages and whiskey dry-aged beef, as well as locally sourced options like turkey from Diestel Turkey Ranch and lamb from Pozzi Ranch.
- Seafood counter featuring made-in-house truffle butter sea scallops, stuffed whole fish and garlic-roasted crab kits. Local offerings include caviar from Tsar Nicoulai and oysters from Pacific Seafood.
- Specialty foods section with an in-store cheese monger offering expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion. Local products include cheese from Chevoo and Belfiore Cheese Co., as well as chocolates from Charles Chocolates.
- Extensive array of more than 1,000 beer, wine and spirit offerings, including selections from local producers like spirits from George Spirits, wine from Field Recordings and beer from Fort Point Beer Co. An in-store sommelier will be available, offering expertise and providing recommendations for any pairing or palate.
- Bakery department offering an array of made-in-house breads, muffins and cookies, as well as a range of desserts and pastries for special diets. Local offerings include cookies from Kerri Kreations and bread from Firebrand Artisan Breads.
- Prepared foods section offering a large selection of grab-and-go products including sushi, organic rotisserie chickens, sandwiches and pizza.
- Wellness and Beauty department featuring body care, skincare, supplements and a variety of apparel. Local offerings include shave cream from Marin Bee, skin sticks from Earth Tu Face and pure moringa vegetable powder from Kuli Kuli Foods.
- More than 3,500 local products throughout the store from nearly 700 of local suppliers, many of which are new to Whole Foods Market, like tamales from Alicia’s Tamales Los Mayas and bread from The Midwife and the Baker.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free two-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including Sunnyvale, California.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/sunnyvale.