Whole Foods Market will open its new 57,000-square-foot store, located at 867 E. Gate Blvd. at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5.
Special features of the new Westbury store include:
- Coffee bar featuring on-tap nitro cold brew and rotating tea flavors. Seasonal offerings for fall include pumpkin spice lattes, golden harvest lattes and maple cold brew.
- Juice bar offering smoothies and rotating seasonal juices on tap.
- Produce department offering a wide array of organic and conventional fresh fruits and vegetables, including greens from local growers like Satur Farmsand Urban Roots and mushrooms from Smallhold.
- Floral department offering a wide selection of plants and flowers, including orchids and succulents from local supplier, Plainview Growers.
- Full-service butcher featuring made-in-house sausages and dry-aged beef, as well as locally sourced options from suppliers like grass-fed beef from Simply Grazin’and local, artisan-made sausage from Brooklyn Cured.
- Seafood counter featuring sustainable wild-caught or responsibly farmed fresh and frozen seafood, made-in-house crab cakes and lobster rolls. Local options include smoked salmon from Acme Smoked Fishand stuffed clams, scallops and portobellos from Lagniappe Foods.
- Specialty food selection overseen by an in-store cheese monger who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion. Local products include cheese from Crown Finish Caves, salami from Reunion Foods, fresh pastas by Severino Pasta Companyand chocolate bars from Kosterino.
- Extensive selection of more than 350 beers, including offerings from local producers like Montauk Brewing Companyand Barrier Brewing Company.
- Grocery department featuring more than 100 local suppliers, many of which are new to Whole Foods Market, like Filipino sauces from Fila Manilaand A2 milk, which is rich in beta-casein protein, from Family Farmstead Dairy.
- In-house bakery offering pies, cookies, cakes and items for special diets, as well as sliced breads from local bakery Bread Alone, pastries from Pain D’Avignonand gluten-free, dairy-free red velvet cake from By The Way Bakery.
- Prepared foods section offering a wide selection of grab-and-go products including sushi, organic rotisserie chickens, sandwiches, square pizza and made-to-order stir fry.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring bulk soaps, bath bombs whipped soap scrubs from Bodhiand a selection of home products like and candles from LUX Naturals and tableware from Keiko Inouye Pottery.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including Westbury, New York. Curbside pickup is also available at all Whole Foods Market locations.