The Shelby Report has named Grocers Supply Co. its 2020 Southwest Wholesaler of the Year. The Texas-based wholesaler serves independent retailers, but the most important part of this 90-year-old family business is the people who work there, the company says.
Message from the president
In 2020, grocery retailers and in particular independent grocery retailers were truly frontline heroes. They never shut down during the pandemic and instead found new ways to serve their communities. The independent retailers were even more pillars of their communities during the pandemic than pre-pandemic.
I want to say a huge thank you to our retailers for the difficult but important roles they have played for our region and our country during this pandemic. An industry that could be taken for granted was put squarely in the middle of the map and they met the challenge. I am proud to know and serve those retailers.
— Eric Winn, president of retail independents at C&S Wholesale Grocers, which operates Grocers Supply Company
To read about GSC’s frontline heroes, click on each retailer’s story below:
- Grocers Supply Company Salutes Its People
- Arlan’s Market Embraces Neighborhood Approach
- At Border Town, Pena Views Growing Company As ‘By Family For Family’
- Food Town Celebrates Diversity Of Communities
- At Junior’s, Personal Service Inspires Loyalty Among Customers
- Malone’s Cost Plus Multicultural, Full-Service
- Poco Loco Combines ‘Tradition, Family, Fun, Festivity, Freshness’
Click below to view the entire special section: