To say a big thank you to firefighters across the nation for their work and dedication to the community during a year of uncertainty, Cargill and TGI Fridays are teaming up this summer to build Bold Heroes. It is an initiative designed to provide firefighters across the nation with TGI Fridays frozen beef patties, condiments and grilling supplies, so they can host their own cookouts at the station during the busiest times.
Since Labor Day 2019, the Bold Heroes initiative has honored firefighters across the nation for keeping our communities safe and prepared both before and throughout the pandemic. The initiative has included:
- Thanking first responders in 19 states across the U.S.;
- Providing Bold Heroes grilling supply packages to more than 1,370 fire stations;
- Donating over 50,800 TGI Fridays frozen beef patties to fire stations, including those served during the Thank You, First Responders fire station cookout event in Philadelphia ahead of Labor Day 2019 and more this summer at the Minneapolis and Saint Paul Fire Stations cookout event in St. Paul;
- Donating a total of $70,000 to fire organizations, fire departments, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and key fire department initiatives, to further efforts aimed at supporting firefighter safety and support, and provide funds to purchase items they require; and
- This year alone, the initiative is donating $20,000 to fire organizations and 342 fire stations are receiving Bold Heroes grilling supply packages.
According to a Technomic Survey, at least a third of beef consumers are interested in more unique flavors, such as bold and spicy.
Cargill, based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, and TGI Fridays teamed up to provide these desired flavors to keep our Bold Heroes fueled through the busiest days. TGI Fridays frozen beef patties are available in three varieties including: House Seasoned, Bacon Cheddar and Jalapeño White Cheddar.