H-E-B’s new store in southwest Austin, Texas, built to replace a location less than two miles away in the Oak Hill community, is scheduled to open Oct. 27. At 90,000 square feet, the U.S. Highway 290 location will feature an expansive product assortment and several services for customers.
“We are excited to answer the call for a new store for the growing community in southwest Austin,” said Leslie Sweet, H-E-B director of public affairs. “With an enhanced in-store experience and the highest standard of service and selection, we tailored the store to serve the needs of our longtime Oak Hill customers that deserve the best we have to offer.”
The existing Oak Hill H-E-B store will close upon the opening of the new store.
Emphasizing conservation efforts, the store’s design incorporates the look and feel of the surrounding neighborhoods and involves several environmental sustainability elements such as rainwater harvesting, water retention ponds as well as adherence to impervious cover regulations and compliance with all aquifer regulations.
Provisions have been put in place for future a solar panel installation, as H-E-B maintains large solar installations across 23 of its Austin-area stores with good success.
The store will offer fresh, quality food options and services that allow customers to choose how they shop, pay for and receive their products. This includes the addition of a H-E-B Curbside, a digital service the company continues to rollout across Texas, which allow customers to place orders online for pickup at the store.
Along with this service, customers will find all the features and conveniences they expect from H-E-B, with many new and expanded product selections.
Highlights from the store include:
- 24 check stands featuring self-checkout registers for quick customer service;
- A large selection of craft and import beers and wines from around the world;
- Pharmacy with two-lane drive-thru service;
- A meat market offering more than 300 feet of natural, quality meats and poultry;
- A fish market with a wide variety of fresh and sustainably caught seafood including wild-caught and farm-raised seafood;
- A large selection of Dinner Tonight food offerings including sushi, Cooking Connection, Meal Simple for quick and simple meal planning;
- A produce section with expanded organic and Texas-grown selections and a large assortment of fresh-cut, ready-to-serve fruits and vegetables;
- An expansive deli serving a variety of meats and cheeses, rotisserie chicken, in-house roasted meats, charcuterie and a Mediterranean olive bar;
- A bakery department featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes and Tortillería for fresh tortillas made in-house;
- Blooms floral department with certified floral designers;
- Texas Backyard showcases outdoor-living furniture, grills, plants and more; and
- A unique outdoor space with shaded playscape and picnic tables for families to enjoy.
In the Austin area, H-E-B has several stores that have undergone or are undergoing renovation.