As charcuterie boards continue to trend, online searches about charcuterie are up nearly 300 percent in the past 12 months, according to Aldi. New and creative charcuterie boards have been extremely popular this year, and Aldi predicts this will continue to grow throughout 2022.
The ALDI Charcuterie Board of Directors (consisting of seven experts across food and wine) has developed a report predicting the hottest charcuterie board trends for 2022, and also recapping the top charcuterie trends of 2021.
Some of the hottest predictions for 2022 charcuterie boards include:
- All Eyes on Fries: Fries of all kinds – shoestring waffles, steakhouse, tater tots and veggie fries;
- Melted Cheese Boards: Cheese in fondue pots, ramekins of mini grilled cheese sandwiches;
- Wellness Boards: More vegan, dairy-free, plant-based and gluten-free boards to take health focused eating to another level;
- Kid-Friendly Boards: An assortment of fruits and vegetables in fun shapes and patterns, deli meat roll-ups and mini sandwiches;
- Reimagined Salad Bars: Veggie-loaded boards will serve as salad bowls; and
- Pickle Platters: A variety of pickled veggies and fruits.
Aldi Charcuterie Board of Directors
The board is comprised of seven professionals. Their unique expertise not only defines their role on the board but also serves as the solution to any charcuterie conundrum.
- Kim Brazington is a distinguished American Cheese Society certified cheese professional and oversees the entire cheese selection for Aldi stores nationwide. She helps curate a robust selection of award-winning cheeses at low prices;
- Sarah Crawford (@bromabakery) is the Boston-based food blogger behind Broma Bakery and founder and creator of the Foodtography School. Her sugar expertise in the kitchen translates into a sweet spin on traditional charcuterie boards;
- Gaby Dalkin (@whatsgabycookin) is an LA-based chef, recipe developer and best-selling author whose California-style cooking has won the hearts and stomachs of food lovers everywhere. The Charcuterie Chef will lead the way to boards that explode with full sensory flavor;
- Rosalynn Daniels (@rosalynndaniels) of Atlanta is a lifestyle expert who has a passion for recreating memorable dining and entertaining experiences for the everyday. As the resident Family Foodie, she fuses her love of cosmopolitan style with the realities of family life to build a board that is as beautiful as it is pleasing, to even the pickiest eaters;
- Kasim Hardaway (@kasimjhardaway) of Kansas City is an environmental scientist-turned-foodie and culinary photographer with a thriving foodstagram channel. He breaks it down so any board can be approachable yet still delicious;
- Marissa Mullen (@thatcheeseplate) is a Brooklyn-based best-selling author, food stylist and the creator of the Cheese By Numbers Method, a step-by-step approach to styling a unique spread. Her global online community and her ability to help make a picture-perfect board every time has earned her the title of Spread Stylista; and
- Sarah Tracey (@thelushlife) is a New York City sommelier who regales her social media followers with inspired wine tastings and food pairings, plus on-trend entertaining tips. The true Wine Whisperer will make sure every board has the perfect sipping companion every time.