Scottsdale, Arizona-based Alkaline Water Company Inc. will be participating in multiple national marketing efforts surrounding the country’s biggest sporting event, the Big Game, taking place in Los Angeles on Feb. 13.
These efforts include a two-page advertisement in the USA Today, partnering with two NFL personalities for Radio Row and being a sponsor and the exclusive bottled water for Shaq’s Fun House.
The company expects to create tens of millions of meaningful impressions from these activities. Alkaline Water Co. is also a supporter and sponsor of the Stars and Stripes Bowl.
“Alkaline88 is the fastest-growing top-10 enhanced water brand in the country, and Super Bowl weekend is a perfect opportunity to further increase our brand awareness and consideration amongst millions of Americans,” said Tom Hutchison, CMO of the Alkaline Water Co. “We’re getting incredibly efficient brand equity building from this group of marketing activities surrounding one of the biggest sporting events in the world.
“We have an incredibly high-quality and impactful product, and these particular efforts reinforce the association with sports and wellness that we’re building. As a veteran, I’m really excited about the work with the Wounded Warriors of Sierra Delta and the Stars and Stripes Bowl.”
Alkaline88 marketing activities during the Big Game weekend include:
- USA Today Big Game Preview Centerfold Ad
- Alkaline88 will have the two-page centerfold spread in the USA Today Preview publication;
- 1 million copies will be printed and available side-by-side the daily USA Today, wherever newspapers are sold; and
- A digital copy of the publication will be shared directly with 10 million sports fans while there is additional organic traffic to the website.
- Radio Row
- Alkaline88 is partnering with two NFL personalities during Radio Row and other endorsement opportunities throughout the weekend;
- Radio Hall of Fame personality Mike Golic and Football Hall of Fame candidate Tony Boselli will represent Alkaline88; and
- Golic and Boselli will endorse Alkaline88 in multiple radio interviews to listening markets across the country.
- Shaq’s Fun House
- Alkaline88 is a sponsor and the exclusive bottled water of the event on Big Game weekend;
- Guests, including A-list celebrity influencers, will stay hydrated at the hydration station and enjoy Alkaline88 aluminum bottles in the VIP areas; and
- Attendees can participate in carnival fun with Alkaline88’s Shaq Splash Attack water cannon carnival game.
- Stars & Stripes Tribute Flag Football Bowl
- Alkaline will support America’s Wounded Warriors of Delta Sierra Football Team, as a sponsor for the Stars and Stripes Tribute Flag Football Bowl. The company has partnered with Alkaline advisory board member and brand ambassador, Shaquille O’Neal, in recognizing the service and sacrifice of these American heroes;
- Game One features Snoop’s Special Stars, a group of LA-based kids with special needs finding joy and therapy through the game of football; and
- Game Two features the Wounded Warriors of Sierra Delta vs. NFL Alumni including Hall of Famer Kurt Warner.
“As our company has continued to grow, so has the scale of our marketing efforts. Now, the great partnership we’ve formed with Authentic Brands Group and Shaquille O’Neal is yielding opportunities to efficiently market Alkaline88 on some of the country’s biggest stages. We’re glad to be a part of the extra excitement that is building in Los Angeles this year as the Rams will host the [Big Game] in their home stadium. Beyond our activities surrounding the [Big Game] in the second-largest city in the U.S., we’ll also have more national exposure for our brand than we’ve ever had before in the coming weeks,” Hutchison said.
“Additionally, we’re rolling these marketing partnerships into further opportunities later in the year, around major events like the Stanley Cup, U.S. Open in tennis and the Boston Marathon. Our combined focus on marketing the brand and expanding national retail footprint mean that more people than ever before will see Alkaline88 and be able to find it at a retailer near them. This will be a great end to our fiscal 2022 and a great kickoff to our next fiscal year.”
For more information, visit thealkalinewaterco.com.